Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Web site design

Default Web site design

Hey all,

I have recently been trying to put up a web site.

I have a domain and i have a friend who is hoasting it for me.

They have suggested i use Pivot to design my web site, but i can't log on, and i don't really like the layout thiat it uses, because it is a blog site officially.

How have you all designed your sites? Have you paid for them to be designed or have you done them yourselves?

If you have done them yourselves, have you written them from scratch, or have you used an online tool. Are there any good free ones that you would suggest?

Many thanks

Get yourself a copy of Frontpage 2003. Its a great piece of software to use and its easy.

If your hosting supports PHP and MySQL, I would suggest using Joomla. There are loads of templates and plug ins available.

I used dreamweaver CS3, it's a good bit of software to use. Can be a bit complicted at first, but you get used to it. I created mine from scratch, it just takes time.
    As long as you can do a page and get it on the web, you can add and change as often as you like.
    The hardest bit, is making the first page.

Default Joomla Is The Free Way Forward

I would recommend Joomla
    Just need MySQL on your server and a program like adobe photoshop to create a banner, or you can find a number of free website that will do it for you.

Loads of templates available and they are fully customizable if you know anything about CSS or HTML.

My website uses Joomla and i find it extremely easy to use and it can be accessed from anywhere in the world! Including at gigs if you have internet access!

www.voguefm.co.uk/xfaders/website

Also hosted by my good friend at Voguefm.co.uk - online radio station for Funky House, Electro, Drum n Bass & much more!

Cheers

If you would like any banners made on Adobe Photoshop i have a few years experiance in it so gimme a shout.
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter