Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revamp - Do your worst!

Default Revamp - Do your worst!

Completely revamped my site, and incoporated DJEP into it.

www.odysseysl.co.uk

Wotcha think?

Neil

PS. Be gentle!

PPS. Does anyone know how i get the title bar to say 'www.odysseysl.co.uk/Index' instead of the hosting name of 'www.hartfield.uwclub.net/index'? Thanks

Nice site I like it. Just a couple of pointers.

1. The purple text in the enquiry form is really hard to read, I would use white text to keep the flow of your website.

2. Can you tell me why a 4 hour disco is £200 and a 4 hour wedding disco is £275? (From a clients point of view of course)

What software are you using to design your site? If you are using Frontpage you should be able to save your page either from the properties page or by file "Save As" to change the name of the home page.

Overall good site.
    Last edited by DJ Frankie; 05-11-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
    Completely revamped my site, and incoporated DJEP into it.

www.odysseysl.co.uk

Wotcha think?

Neil

PS. Be gentle!

PPS. Does anyone know how i get the title bar to say 'www.odysseysl.co.uk/Index' instead of the hosting name of 'www.hartfield.uwclub.net/index'? Thanks
    Hi Neil,

I think it's a good site.

My only problems are with the contact page.

Firstly, you can barely read the questions on the contact form. Dark pink text on black clearly doesn't work, so I'd change the text colour to something much lighter, possibly white.

Secondly, I think your contact form is a bit long-winded & not very flexible. There are 22 fields for enquirers to complete, and I wonder how long this will take them?

My own contact form only has 3 fields for speed, simplicity & flexibility.
    You can see it here: http://www.robjamesentertainment.co.uk/contact.htm

You could also add an email link for people who either don't have the time to wade through the contact form or don't find it relevant.

Hope this helps.

Enquiry Form - altered, don't like it as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the pages, but legible for now.

Difference in Price - With Weddings i like to meet with the clients which could be an hours drive away (and back) they get to use DJEP (which costs money), they usually get a better show and generally envolves a bit more planning and preparation. That's my excuse anyway!

Page Name - the page is called Index (i use Dreamweaver) what the file is called doesn't effect what the web bar/info bar (whatever you call it!) shows .......

Thanks for the input DJ Frankie.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Frankie View Post
    2. Can you tell me why a 4 hour disco is £200 and a 4 hour wedding disco is £275? (From a clients point of view of course)
    The stock answer from those charging more for weddings is usually something like:

"Weddings require more planning & preparation than other discos, so we therefore charge more due to the extra time involved"

Rob,

Thanks. I did have a general e-mail link, but it got all tangled up and looked nothing like i had designed it - so i took it out in frustration!

Back in now, so a simple e-mail contact can be just that - simple.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJ Frankie

The stock answer from those charging more for weddings is usually something like:

"Weddings require more planning & preparation than other discos, so we therefore charge more due to the extra time involved"
    Like wot 'e said!!

Nice.

A few quick things I noticed:

1. There's a character you're using which doesn't seem to render properly - it's coming up as a square box - not sure if this is just me (IE7 on a fully patched Vista machine) or other folks? It appears in several places including the footer.

2. The site is a bit slow to load compared to others... is it on a free host or on the end of a slow wire? I looked at some of the page source code and it's a little bloaty (lots of comments etc. left in) but not overly so. Anyone else notice this?

3. The menu. The text doesn't line up straight - as if the left justification is out of whack. They're obviously .jpg's so probably messed this up when creating them. I also notice you're specifying 'width=' and 'height=' for most if not all of your graphics - this should be unnecessary if you saved them in those proportions in the first place - and affects page load time (quite badly if I remember correctly from previous advice from Marc).

4. I like the 'example prices' page so much so I might have to nick it... Well the concept anyway.

Overall clearly laid out, simple to navigate and gives the punter all the immediate information needed to decide whether or not to pick up the phone. Just needs a little more time spent on 'tickling' IMHO. I'm forever 'tickling' mine changing a word or two here and there and tweaking a graphic - it's something I'll probably never give up doing
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Vectis; 05-11-2007 at 11:06 AM.

Square box hmmmmm should be the Copyright symbol - fixed! Apart from on the DJEP contact form which is out of my control - e-mail sent!

Slow Site - i've noticed that this morning when updating the pages. But when browsing is fine. Anyone else notice this?

Menu - hopefully all straightened up now. The graphics size i will look into - they were supplied with the template.

All positive so far ....... Search engine Optimisation next......Not got a clue!