Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Revamp - Do your worst!

i once done an 85th birthday not knowing much about the music but i done a little bit of homework and got by ( this is the army mr jones, )

The reason that i don't do Hardcore, Garage etc is that i can't stand it! Why stand all evening playing music that i haven't a clue about, can't stand to listen to TBH no fee would be large enough for me to do it! (well, it would have to be a large fee!) Honesty is my best policy here, and would prefer not waste my or the clients time doing the pre-event things only to ask the question ...... and what music would you like played.......

Perhaps i should re-phrase it to say that although i don't do that sort of music, i am happy to see if i can arrange a more knoweldgable DJ for them....

Vectis- It's funny you should use the Plastering example - i am a plasterer - don't do artexing, in fact spend half my life plastering over it!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
    The reason that i don't do Hardcore, Garage etc is that i can't stand it!!!

same here if im honest ...... and being really snobby i dont really like the kind of culture that attaches its self to this sort of stuff either.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

The reason that i don't do Hardcore, Garage etc is that i can't stand it! Why stand all evening playing music that i haven't a clue about, can't stand to listen to TBH no fee would be large enough for me to do it! (well, it would have to be a large fee!) Honesty is my best policy here, and would prefer not waste my or the clients time doing the pre-event things only to ask the question ...... and what music would you like played.......

Perhaps i should re-phrase it to say that although i don't do that sort of music, i am happy to see if i can arrange a more knoweldgable DJ for them....

Vectis- It's funny you should use the Plastering example - i am a plasterer - don't do artexing, in fact spend half my life plastering over it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    same here if im honest ...... and being really snobby i dont really like the kind of culture that attaches its self to this sort of stuff either.
    Feel exactly the same, hate the stuff, much rather stick to the "normal" party songs, etc that everyone loves and dances to.

If you have to play the dross that they call music, it makes the night feel so much longer because I'm not enjoying the night and start clock watching.
    Steve

Personally, on my general page I don't like to say what gigs I DON'T cater for. I prefer to talk about what gigs I DO cover. Therefore, it says something like "We cover many occasions including weddings, anniversaries & most birthdays"

I then have a FAQ page which includes the questions "Do you do cater for 18th birthdays?" "Do you cater for 21st birthdays?" and "Do you cater for childrens parties?".........the answers all being "No"

I can see that keeping everything positive on the home page is beneficial as it entices people to look further into your website and that is what you want.

I haven't done a FAQ page (yet), which is something that i think is a good idea...... yippee another evening gone!

I can see that keeping everything positive on the home page is beneficial as it entices people to look further into your website and that is what you want.

I haven't done a FAQ page (yet), which is something that i think is a good idea...... yippee another evening gone!
    Neil,

You're welcome to look at my FAQ page if you're after some ideas.