Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revamp - Do your worst!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
    Completely revamped my site, and incoporated DJEP into it.

www.odysseysl.co.uk

Wotcha think?

Neil

PS. Be gentle!

PPS. Does anyone know how i get the title bar to say 'www.odysseysl.co.uk/Index' instead of the hosting name of 'www.hartfield.uwclub.net/index'? Thanks
    Hi Neil, a few suggestions---nice feel to the site--

1. I cant work out prices --you need to box them or put them in clear areas--I cant understand it--

2. Recommendations great---but you could be making it up---not my words but people who speak to me--so offer contact by phone or email--

3. Guests requests--I wouldnt bother---issue a general playlist and take the requests from the client--they are paying you--not the guests

4. Cancellation terms are too lenient---you need to get full fee under 30 days---otherwise you are going to get a lot of cancellations. Unless you have a big deposit of course

HTH

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    3. Guests requests--I wouldnt bother---issue a general playlist and take the requests from the client--they are paying you--not the guests
    Sorry Crazy, I always give my customers the option of guest requests when they book; most wedding couples take it and it's a feature I get a lot of good feedback about it. Oddly though it doesn't seem to be popular with non-wedding folks. I also offer to send the hirer a bunch of pre-printed cards (cheap ones off vistaprint) with instructions how to access the website.

Agree wholeheartedly with #2. I publish actual questionnaires or thank you letters/emails on the site to back up the comments shown and I try to keep a reserve of 2 or 3 customers willing to be called up.

Cancellation changed to 30 days - i much prefer that!

Price Guide - hopefully a bit clearer now.

I would query the following bits under your philosophy:

# All our equipment is PAT tested to ensure that it exceeds regulations.
    # We carry Public Liability Insurance for all events to ensure the safety of you and your guests.

Firstly with regards to PAT testing, the PAT test in itself doesn't ensure that your equipment exceeds regulations. Perhaps something more along the lines of:

# All our equipment is PAT tested to ensure that it complies with current regulations.

Secondly PLI isn't there for the safety of the client and guests. It is there for your protection if you get sued so I would change that to:

# We carry Public Liability Insurance for all events

PPS. Does anyone know how i get the title bar to say 'www.odysseysl.co.uk/Index' instead of the hosting name of 'www.hartfield.uwclub.net/index'? Thanks
    This is caused by the parent frame which "masks" the true domain (hartfield.uwclub.net) on www.odysseysl.co.uk but not on other pages. Is it a free host? Might also be the cause of the slow browsing, which I also noticed.

The domain masking frame would also be the first thing to get rid of in any Search Engine Optimisation excercise.

The contact form has a strange character: -

Organization/Fianc�

But it seems to be framed from http://www.djfinder.com/request_info...jidnumber=3209 and appears OK there.

The link to Compass Marquees on the services page isn't right. Start external links with http:// otherwise they are linked to as pages of your site.
    Last edited by Marc J; 05-11-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Sorry Crazy, I always give my customers the option of guest requests when they book; most wedding couples take it and it's a feature I get a lot of good feedback about it. Oddly though it doesn't seem to be popular with non-wedding folks. I also offer to send the hirer a bunch of pre-printed cards (cheap ones off vistaprint) with instructions how to access the website.

Agree wholeheartedly with #2. I publish actual questionnaires or thank you letters/emails on the site to back up the comments shown and I try to keep a reserve of 2 or 3 customers willing to be called up.
    The reason I dont offer guests requests is in case someone wants something completely inappropriate for Cheesy Middle of the Road Weddings that I cover.

Unlikely that will happen but I dont want to be involved in an argument ---works for you--thats cool---

I do state on my website--you, your family and guests choose the music you want--so they can--- but its coming through the B and G so they can filter out problems.

CRAZY K

Cancellation changed to 30 days - i much prefer that!

Price Guide - hopefully a bit clearer now.

NO TRY SOMETHING LIKE THIS--

Straight Disco - i.e.Birthday, Christening etc.
    4 hour set ........................£200.00..
    5 hour set ............... ........£250.00.

Weddings
    4 hour set -£275
    5 hour set -£325

I can understand that

CRAZY K

Marc,

Thanks

Compass Marquees link changed and now OK

I take it then that the only way to get the address bar looking right is to go for a hosting package? If so, any reccomendations? The domain is supplied by Telivo, who offer Web Hosting for £30 a year.

The odd symbol i think is because of the e with an accent on Fiance. As i cannot alter the form as is is supplied by DJEP, not alot i can do about it i presume

Neil.

Marc,

I take it then that the only way to get the address bar looking right is to go for a hosting package? If so, any reccomendations? The domain is supplied by Telivo, who offer Web Hosting for £30 a year.
    For hosting recommendations I'm not the best person to ask, as I'll always recommend myself (click here)!

Maybe someone else can come in with an unbiased recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Maybe someone else can come in with an unbiased recommendation
    Yes, I can!

Neil...go with Marc J.

He does my hosting & he's excellent.