Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing down the business

Default Closing down the business

Hi all, i wondered if anyone could possibly assist and advise me the best way to wind up my business, I have two gigs booked and deposits paid for 2008, both of which i have contacted are happy for me to pass onto another company.

But how do i wind the business up regarding tax man etc.

The reason i have decided to go down this route is because when i started the business i made an awful lot of mistakes, and just haven't managed to get the finance invested properly and as a rsult never marketed the business properly.

Now i am also co-owner of a hotel with my mother and we have top class accountants and lawyers who have given us great advice and already we see this paying off - they have saved us thousands already. The hotel is really taking off a lot better than we antcipated and i can see me having my hands full for the next few years at least.

I am turning disco's away as i cannot guarentee that i will be available for them and i dont like doing this.

In the hotel i am able to DJ as we have our own gear and this helps keep costs down and is making the hotel money, so i am looking at doing that for the next couple of years.

I do however anticipate that in 5 years time or so i expect to resurrect Lewnics Entertainments once again, properly lol.

Over the past year or so i have made some great friends on this forum and will for ever be eternally grateful to Shaun for gigs he has past over and advice help that he has given me. I still intend of using his graphical expertise however lol

anyway any advice regarding winding the business down would be appreciated.
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics View Post
    we have top class accountants and lawyers who have given us great advice and already we see this paying off - they have saved us thousands already.
    As you've already said this, wouldn't it just be easier to talk to them?

Over the past year or so i have made some great friends on this forum and will for ever be eternally grateful to Shaun for gigs he has past over and advice help that he has given me.

It was my pleasure Garry. The very best of luck with your new venture.

Definitely talk to your accountants. There may be some tax advantage for the hotel to pay Lewnics Entertainment as a separate entity to supply the entertainment. If that is the case, change your website to say that Lewnics Entertainment is now resident DJ at the hotel and provide a link (extra advertising for the hotel) plus link to another DJ who will take mobile bookings or link to the MDD.

That way it will just be "suspended" in case you want to start it up again.

Are you saying that you'll also be too busy to "keep your hand" in by posting here?
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    Are you saying that you'll also be too busy to "keep your hand" in by posting here?
    Surely not, Garry?

You'll come on from time to time and tell us about your new venture, and about the gigs you do in your hotel, and asking advice about the new amp you want to buy for the function room, won't you?

Lewnics,

PLEASE tell me you won't be sacking your ant.

The ant will be getting sacked lol

Nah i wont be keeping away from the forum, after all i now need to use the forum and be the official hoteliers point of view.

I do not want to trade as the resident DJ, as i want to make a clean break for a few years. Although i will be there DJ'ing every now and again. Actually we are giving a free disco to anyone who books the hotel jan to march (must have 60+ guests though).
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Actually we are giving a free disco to anyone who books the hotel jan to march (must have 60+ guests though).
    Forum meet anyone?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries