Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: martin robocolor disaster...

Default martin robocolor disaster...

Hi guys I really hope someone can help got some robocolors off ebay about a month ago ...(yes theres the first mistake) all went well for about 5 gigs .... then i noticed one fan wasnt working and the unit was overheating and another seemed to get hot quite quickly although the fan seemed ok ....

took them in to be fixed .... week and a half later picked them up all working did a gig ... no problems

then last night took them out set up all four of them .... plugged them into the martin controller that comes with them .....

no fans working at all ..... all four units the fan was just dormant??? ive looked in the controller as i thought this maybe the problem? clean as a whistle no fuse blown nothing , ive also taken a couple of the units to bits this morning again i cant see anything apparently wrong??

surely i cant have cream crackered 4 fans?? two of which have only done 1 gig??? iam currently tearing my hair out with these as they illuminate my centre piece mirrorball ??? i would really appreciate any help on this or any suggestions that may have caused the problem ....

many thanks ladies and gents.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hi guys I really hope someone can help got some robocolors off ebay about a month ago ...(yes theres the first mistake) all went well for about 5 gigs .... then i noticed one fan wasnt working and the unit was overheating and another seemed to get hot quite quickly although the fan seemed ok ....

took them in to be fixed .... week and a half later picked them up all working did a gig ... no problems

then last night took them out set up all four of them .... plugged them into the martin controller that comes with them .....

no fans working at all ..... all four units the fan was just dormant??? ive looked in the controller as i thought this maybe the problem? clean as a whistle no fuse blown nothing , ive also taken a couple of the units to bits this morning again i cant see anything apparently wrong??

surely i cant have cream crackered 4 fans?? two of which have only done 1 gig??? iam currently tearing my hair out with these as they illuminate my centre piece mirrorball ??? i would really appreciate any help on this or any suggestions that may have caused the problem ....

many thanks ladies and gents.
    Dave, I know nothing about Martin units--but logic says you cant lose 4 fans at once, they only go around and around, not a lot to wear.

Is there a connecting wire to the units that operates the fans --if so thats where you start--otherwise--back to the repair shop.

CRAZY K

or maybe a power problem not enough for the fan and light maybe? Not likely I know but still possable.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Martin Robocolour

I can only comment on mk1's........ power to the fans comes from the 5 pin din lead and ground from the 3 pin power lead. I found the dins can be a bit unreliable and have had to replace a couple.
    It's worth checking inside the units, the fans are connected internally by one of those 2 pin PCB plug jobbies, which again can get dry joints, I've had to hard solder them before now.

This is just my experience with 2 sets of mk1's.
    Hope it helps
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

And i was thinking of getting some robo colours to light a mirror ball up but i am just going to stick with some ACME LED Par cans i think

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    And i was thinking of getting some robo colours to light a mirror ball up but i am just going to stick with some ACME LED Par cans i think
    good luck with lighting the mirror ball with led par cans..

Quote Originally Posted by AsTecDJs View Post
    good luck with lighting the mirror ball with led par cans..
    They're just not focused enough, being several little light sources an'all. Why not go back to basics and get a couple of good 'ole PAR36 pinspots and coloured (or not?) gels?
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Well what my plan was getting 8 LED Par64 and using them as mood lighting around the venue and light the walls up and put them on a colourfade every 20 seconds... and hanging 2 on the rig one either side of the mirror ball to light it.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Well what my plan was getting 8 LED Par64 and using them as mood lighting around the venue and light the walls up and put them on a colourfade every 20 seconds... and hanging 2 on the rig one either side of the mirror ball to light it.
    I would be very suprised if that works.
    Like sleah said.. they are not focused enough.
    You need to get something like a narrow beam Par or a moving head spot on them.

Otherwise the light is just going to spill around everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sleah View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of the Martin Robocolour

I can only comment on mk1's........ power to the fans comes from the 5 pin din lead and ground from the 3 pin power lead. I found the dins can be a bit unreliable and have had to replace a couple.
    It's worth checking inside the units, the fans are connected internally by one of those 2 pin PCB plug jobbies, which again can get dry joints, I've had to hard solder them before now.

This is just my experience with 2 sets of mk1's.
    Hope it helps
    thanks for that .... knew i couldnt be going mad it really is doing my tree in ... didnt think i could wreck 4 fans in one go.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote