Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Adwords Campaign

hi disco daz

my campoaign has only been running for a week and since i started it i've changed it

at first my adverts were being shown on about 20,000 sites per day, i then realised it's pointless my ad appearing everywhere as someone who lives in new york is not going to book me, so i changed it for my ad's to only appear within a 25 mile radius of where i live.

i also changed how my ads appear, for instance:

you can choose if your ad's appear when someone types in the keywords you've specified, in my case one of my keywords is 'mobile disco hire on merseyside' then you bid on how much you want to pay for your keywords, the higher the bid, the higher you ad will apppear

you can also remove your ads from appearing on other peoples sites as it seemed pointless to me if my ad's are appearing on car showroom sites or ebay.

i'm still pretty new to it so i'm just finding my feet, but on the whole after one week i'd say it seems like a good thing, it gets you to page one on google and you can't really ask for more than that in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    at first my adverts were being shown on about 20,000 sites per day, i then realised it's pointless my ad appearing everywhere as someone who lives in new york is not going to book me, so i changed it for my ad's to only appear within a 25 mile radius of where i live.
    On this note, I noticed that the Adsense ads on the bottom of this forum (which are fed by Google Adwords) occasionally contain an ad for Dragonfly Discos.

Dave - Unless you actually cover the Edinburgh area I'd suggest you do the same and tighten your area for Adwords - no point paying for clicks you can't service.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

Dave - Unless you actually cover the Edinburgh area I'd suggest you do the same and tighten your area for Adwords - no point paying for clicks you can't service.
    I'd be glad to cover them for Dave if he does get any!.

I dont know if im on the right track as everyone else but if i type KMA Disco on most of the search website like google, yahoo ect my name comes up with info about what i do. Am i on the right track of what this thread is about???

That's cool, but what do you get if you search 'mobile disco kent' ?

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Discos View Post
    I dont know if im on the right track as everyone else but if i type KMA Disco on most of the search website like google, yahoo ect my name comes up with info about what i do. Am i on the right track of what this thread is about???
    No, what you describe is your "organic" search result, i.e. what the search engines have found and indexed purely from "spidering" your site (visiting with their automated reader). You should usually expect a high position for your company name, but that's not much good really - you want to be found for more generic phrases like, for example, "disco sevenoaks".

An Adwords campaign is purely for Google results (www.adwords.com), you basically bid on your preferred keywords / phrases and the results are shown in the "sponsored links" section of the Search Engine Results Page (usually the first 2 or 3 at the top, and /or in a column down the right). When someone clicks on your ad Google charges you accordingly. The more you say you are willing to pay per click, the higher up the results you get - i.e. "Pay Per Click".

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    That's cool, but what do you get if you search 'mobile disco kent' ?
    I see what you mean. Just tryed mobile disco in medway and this forum came up. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    No, what you describe is your "organic" search result, i.e. what the search engines have found and indexed purely from "spidering" your site (visiting with their automated reader). You should usually expect a high position for your company name, but that's not much good really - you want to be found for more generic phrases like, for example, "disco sevenoaks".

An Adwords campaign is purely for Google results (www.adwords.com), you basically bid on your preferred keywords / phrases and the results are shown in the "sponsored links" section of the Search Engine Results Page (usually the first 2 or 3 at the top, and /or in a column down the right). When someone clicks on your ad Google charges you accordingly. The more you say you are willing to pay per click, the higher up the results you get - i.e. "Pay Per Click".

ah. i see what you mean. could seem costly then.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    I'd be glad to cover them for Dave if he does get any!.
    There is a line you know.....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    that's what was putting me off at first but then i found out that you can target localy

for instance you can tell google that you only want your ads to appear to customers within a 30 mile radius of where you live

we'll see how it goes anyway, did you notice any change in your search engine ranking?

hi can you please tell me how i do this im very keen to do it asap many thanks.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Point. ...or it means there are people paying more for the same keywords.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!