Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how do customers sign my terms & conditions?

Default how do customers sign my terms & conditions?

this may sound like a silly question but how do i get my terms signed by a customer so that i have a copy and they have a copy?

the only way i can think of is to have 1 contract each or to have my terms on double carbon paper so i rip of say the pink page to hand to the customer & i retain say the yellow page

also at a gig last night the customer asked me for an invoice so i gave him a receipt book i'd bought from a stationers with a company stamp with contact details on, wrote out in pen what he paid for, how much etc. stamped it and gave him the carbon copy

do you think this is ok?

thanks folks

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I send the contract, they send it back signed, I sign it, photocopy and send back as a confirmation.

I use proper printed invoices and send them as a payment reminder 21days before, as my terms are 14 days advance payment, looks much more pro than using a receipt book IMO.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Or send two copies of the contract and ask them to keep one for their records and sign one and send it back.

But then wouldn't the one they keep not have your signature on? Or you'd have to sign before sending and be open to abuse...
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    01386 898 113

Send two copies of the t&c with the booking confirmation and invoice for deposit. Ask them to sign and return one copy with the deposit.

When they are returned, send confirmation of receipt and invoice for the balance with a reminder of payment terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    But then wouldn't the one they keep not have your signature on? Or you'd have to sign before sending and be open to abuse...
    Open to what abuse?

The information is printed on the front, dated and signed by me and the T&Cs are on the back.

ok thanks for the ideas guys, i've got a grasp of it now (i think) ;0)

would it be possible does anyone think to have my terms & conditions printed on carbon paper, if so how would i go about doing it?

it just seems easier as we'd both have an exact copy and only have to send it once

or would there be anyway of doing it by e-mail do you think?

hmmm maybe not because they wouldn't be able to sign it

Open to what abuse?

The information is printed on the front, dated and signed by me and the T&Cs are on the back.
    Probably just the way I do my booking forms... but for example, if i quote for a certain venue and sign the form.. then the form comes back with a different venue and address filled in?

I could fill it in myself before sending it out, but prefer to let the customer do that, just incase I mis-copy/interpret something... and also not everyone has all the details to hand when I'm speaking to them on the phone.
    01386 898 113

I send 2 copies of the booking form to the client.
    One copy is signed by me which they keep.
    The other copy needs to be signed by them and returned with the deposit.
    When I have the signed copy returned to me, I scan it so it's on my system as a record.
    I always send them a notification either by email or snail mail that I have received the deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Probably just the way I do my booking forms... but for example, if i quote for a certain venue and sign the form.. then the form comes back with a different venue and address filled in?

I could fill it in myself before sending it out, but prefer to let the customer do that, just incase I mis-copy/interpret something....
    I only ever send completed contracts in the post - I gather all the information beforehand, so it is there in black and white.

The client then checks it over, signs and send me back one copy. I'm not sure why you wouldn't put all the details on your contracts really?

Why would you misinterpret something?