Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how do customers sign my terms & conditions?

ok guys another question, what do you do with regards to contracts if a last minute booking comes in?

for instace you take the call on the tuesday and the customer wants to hire you for the friday 3 days later?

would you still take a contract to the gig and get them to sign it?

Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    ok guys another question, what do you do with regards to contracts if a last minute booking comes in?

for instace you take the call on the tuesday and the customer wants to hire you for the friday 3 days later?

would you still take a contract to the gig and get them to sign it?
    If they can't get it round to me via post or in person, then yes, but generally if it was only a regular venue.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I only ever send completed contracts in the post - I gather all the information beforehand, so it is there in black and white.

The client then checks it over, signs and send me back one copy. I'm not sure why you wouldn't put all the details on your contracts really?

Why would you misinterpret something?
    Don't know really.. guess its just the way I've always done it and it would just seem a bit odd sending a booking form out where i've already agreed to the booking before they've agreed to book me (in writing). I do put the dates, times and fee on though.

For last minute bookings I'd turn up and have them sign the contract and pay cash before I'd setup. Unless they were local enough to visit and exchange contracts, but neither happens very often.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

from what i have seen there is to much signing and sending to clients.

i only send 1 t&c to the client. One sheet has all the t&c infomation on and on the second piece of paper is writes there name, sign it and date then they keep the first sheet and send back the 2nd if you understand that. if the client is local to me i will arrange a date for me to go over to there house and have a chat and get the t&c signs with out the need for post.

If I were in that scenario and they were local, I would do what I generally do with most of my clients and that is to go and visit them and get it done that way.

Reason being, it puts their minds at rest as well as mine because they may think I might not turn up and vice versa.

To go back to the original question too and the point someone made about contracts in general. Mine have the following information on them which I fill in when I am at the meeting with them (I then go away and transfer the information on to a booking form so it's all typed out neatly etc).

Name (s)
    Address
    Email
    Home Phone No
    Mobile Phone No
    Type of function
    Duration
    Venue address & Phone number
    Venue contact
    Is the venue accessible by stairs
    Number of guests
    Price quoted

There is also a space on there for specific song requests including first dances if it's a wedding and also a DON'T PLAY section. Lastly, on the back of the form are the terms and conditions.

if you get work off another mobile disco company does anyone have a contract that the disco company would have to sign i am thinking about this but not sure if it i would have to do it on a gig by gig basis or i could get the company to sign say a yearly one

I should imagine that if you are sub contracting, you will get a yearly contract. I don't do it myself so I may be wrong on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I should imagine that if you are sub contracting, you will get a yearly contract. I don't do it myself so I may be wrong on that one.
    I thought you had others working for you?

Yes, I have but when I said "I don't do it" that means that I don't work for anyone else!!

The people that do stuff for me, whether it's every week or once a year all have a contract from me and it just states the obvious (payments, manner etc).

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I send out an artist contract, which contains the gig details and t&cs for other DJs to sign and send back, just to cover my own back really.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113