Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how do customers sign my terms & conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Yes, I have but when I said "I don't do it" that means that I don't work for anyone else!!
    Ah....I see.

My terms & conditions are on my website.

I also send out a paper version with the booking form for the client to keep.

They complete the booking form & then sign it under the statement "I have read and understood the terms & conditions of business and agree to abide by them"

Simple!

My booking forms and T&C's are all on the one form. When I have all the event details I send out two (pre-filled) booking forms to the client. I have them sign and return both forms along with the cheque for the booking fee. Upon clearance of the booking fee I sign and return one copy of the agreement to them.

If the booking fee is paid online I send two signed forms to them and have them return one copy to me, retaining one copy for their records.

Seems to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    if you get work off another mobile disco company does anyone have a contract that the disco company would have to sign i am thinking about this but not sure if it i would have to do it on a gig by gig basis or i could get the company to sign say a yearly one
    For crying out loud! Can you please use some punctuation in your posts!

I have absolutely no idea what the above post was supposed to say & I really can't be bothered to try & decipher it.

I assume it was a question, if so one of these ? at the end would be a good idea. If you want help & advice, it's a good idea to make sure other members have a chance of getting some idea of what it is you are on about.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Steve i will try and use some punctuation. My new years resolution is to use proper punctuation and not use those three letters _ c _.

Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

My booking 'pack' consists of:

* Intro & thanks letter, personalised to the client and signed by moi
    * Statement of understanding of their requirements, to be edited if necessary, countersigned and returned
    * Several pages of information about options that are available with their chosen package or at their chosen venue (plus any prior knowledge about the venue such as warnings about sound limiters, access problems etc.) - ie the "upsell"
    * A copy of the T's & C's with a summary of the booking (date, venue, times, price) with my signature, to be countersigned and returned
    * A copy of the T's & C's for them to keep
    * A musical preferences questionnaire
    * Any other marketing guff they've asked for or I think is appropriate - brochures, fridge magnets, cards etc.

For bookings completed online, everything is emailed or done over the website with online forms except the acceptance of the Ts & Cs which must be printed, countersigned, and either posted back to me, faxed, or scanned & emailed.

Sounds complex but everything is templated so it only takes a few minutes per booking. Customers give really positive feedback about fully understanding everything that was going on and how they have confidence in us from the initial exchanges. On the plus side, the majority of gigs have some 'upsell' as a result of spelling out all the options, even if it's just a box of glowsticks. More often than not, customers aren't aware of all the options we offer and it sometimes seems inappropriate during the phone call / email stage to go into too much detail, or maybe they have to confer with hubby-to-be who's at work, or whatever. Offering options such as video theming gets them thinking and often makes all the difference to what would otherwise be 'just another party'.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    For crying out loud! Can you please use some punctuation in your posts!

I have absolutely no idea what the above post was supposed to say & I really can't be bothered to try & decipher it.

I assume it was a question, if so one of these ? at the end would be a good idea. If you want help & advice, it's a good idea to make sure other members have a chance of getting some idea of what it is you are on about.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

i've just seen this thread and am struggling to understand how it has gone on for so long- send 2 copies which you have signed when you send the confirmation and then get them to send one back.

done.

looked at this thread title and thought .... with a pen???
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote