Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visuals

Smile

I havn't heard anybody mention it yet so i thought i would let you know what i use.

It can be downloaded here the trial version is fully functional for 30mins at a time.

I find it very usefull, it plays all audio/video formats + karaoke. Ready for hardware controllers.

Very good features. For example you can have your logo in any position of the screen just like the tv channels, it has a ticker to show/scroll text and best of all is very easy to use + all future updates are free lastly you can have multiple instances of the program running together ie 1 instance for your karaoke another for your music vids & another for your ads. + when nothing is showing ie playing audio it defaults to any jpeg you have selected as a background.

Give it a try - you may be surprised. It was built by a DJ so most things have been thought through with experiences he encountered.

Ps i dont own a controller but if you do - perhaps you can let me know how well it works with this software.
    Last edited by Richard Veal; 17-04-2008 at 01:12 AM.
    If you can't convince them, confuse them

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    You can do everything you've mentioned in Virtual DJ Shaun. You can run music vids, visuals, run slideshows, use live feed cameras, pictures, graphics, logos....etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by DJkiller View Post
    I use Virtual DJ and LCD tv. Just got a new sony bravia, but the flight case was expensive.
    Yep same here... Virtual DJ all the way.... and it also includes the logo feature, scrolling text, image slideshows, karaoke rotation management and can default to visualisations or Images if it's just audio only and nothing on the screen....

The fact there isn't a hardware controller puts me off.
    Yeah i think when OTS bring out external support then it really will give virtual DJ and the others a run for their money...

But until then the software will always be more suited to radio studios and tv studios...
    Last edited by jamesh; 17-04-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

The fact there isn't a hardware controller puts me off.
    Yeah it is a problem. Ots for quite a time now have said it's their number one priority now Ots is vista compatible. The problem is, when does a priority become reality and product ............... next week, next month, next year

I'm getting into videos on quite a big scale and the lack of a controller has become an issue.

I must say the Numark cue 5, Nuvj and the Numark total controller are starting to become quite attractive

My possible change of allegiance has only come over the last week or so due to a considerable amount of research, phone calls and experimenting.

If I do swap, I've a massive amount of work to do, it's like being back at square one!

Well funny you should say that Silver as Numark Cue 5 is actually just a numark branded version of Virtual DJ with a different skin.... But Virtual DJ gets the updates and new features first before they get rolled out to Numark Cue and PCDJ VJ (which is also a cut down version of VDJ but branded for PCDJ)
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

pulsemobiledisco

Virtual DJ is an awesome peice of software and very good value for money. A few years people laughed if you said you used VDJ calling it a toy. It really has come on over the last few years, even some of the people on here who called it a toy now use it!

I've not use it for visuals as I don't do that kind of thing, I've tried using PCDJ, Traktor etc and keep coming back to VDJ.