Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

https://www.pat.org.uk/pat-testing-frequency/

Although there are no requirements for PAT testing frequency, there are recommendations:

Offices, Shops and Hotels – Class 1 equipment including stationary and IT equipment should be tested every 48 months. Moveable equipment such as extension leads and portable equipment should be tested every 24 months. Handheld equipment should be tested every 12 months.

Schools – All Class 1 equipment in schools should be PAT tested every 12 months. Class 2 equipment should be tested every 48 months.

Public Use Equipment – Stationary and IT equipment such as computers should be tested every 12 months. Moveable, Portable and Handheld equipment falling into Class 2 should be tested every 12 months. Moveable, Portable and Handheld equipment falling into Class 1 should be tested every 6 months.

Construction – All 110V equipment used on construction sites should be tested every 3 months.

Industrial – All industrial sites, including commercial kitchens should have Portable and Handheld equipment tested every 6 months. Stationary, IT and Moveable equipment should be tested every 12 months.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

My PAT testing vis due on 28 March. So, no point in getting it done as not only have I got no work but my PAT testing person can't do it anyway. So, technically then, my NADJ membership should lapse and my PLI invalidates. In practice, with no work, it doesn't matter much. I'll have to get it cracked off soon when all this is past

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    My PAT testing vis due on 28 March. So, no point in getting it done as not only have I got no work but my PAT testing person can't do it anyway. So, technically then, my NADJ membership should lapse and my PLI invalidates. In practice, with no work, it doesn't matter much. I'll have to get it cracked off soon when all this is past
    Your NADJ PLI is invalid anyway - the recent changes in the law have seen to that I'm afraid (I know, I asked).

As for the membership - I've been told to speak to the membership secretary on that one. I think under the current circumstances, they'll probably change this anyway seeing the change in the subscription rate for the time being.

My PAT is due at the end of April. Not going to bother until I know I'm going back out on the road, otherwise I'll likely be wasting 6 months + with the kit sitting in the lock up doing nothing.

Well in many of these respects, I've fallen on my feet. The splendid Davesounds tested my kit in February, just before he went off for a new knee. My van was repaired and MOT tested beginning of March, so I'm good in that respect.

I'm not a Nadger ( anyone who remembers Round The Horne, and Rambling Sid Rumpo would never countenance joining) and my PLI till June is through AmpDJ ( who have been uncharacteristically silent, now I come to think of it).

The only fly in my ointment is that my big lawnmower broke a cable, which I ordered on Monday to be posted. As it hasn't arrived, I guess it didn't get into the postal system before the dealer shut up shop.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Well, while trawling old threads, I came across a forecast of mine. Could be totally wrong, and totally accurate at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

This year's out for many reasons, but: BPM 2020 will be a goer for me, cos it's looking likely that the impediment of harvesting spuds is in its final year for me.
    Currently, the odds on it even going ahead could be looking distinctly poor. As to me attending, well lap of the Gods time.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Whether I'll still be a DJ in October 2020............................................
    I suspect one or two other folk could be thinking along the same lines. As a great philosopher once said" It's a funny old game".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Can't see BPM going ahead. Who's going to be wanting to spend any money in the current climate despite what the government have coughed up. That said I think it's been a good 4/5 years since I could make a BPM because of the newer dates.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52053914

The sting in the tail? The chancellor said he can no longer justify, after things get back to normal, that self-employed people pay less tax than the employed. But that is for another day.
    I wasn't aware that we currently pay less? My allowance and tax rate is the same as any employed person earning the same as my profit. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52053914

I wasn't aware that we currently pay less? My allowance and tax rate is the same as any employed person earning the same as my profit. WTF?

It's for people that own limited companies who take dividends rather than salary , of course there is one other big sting in the tail we won't mention , poetic justice some might say .

Well that's nothing for me then.

Last three years show very little because every penny whilst I had a full time job was ploughed back into the business (and I have the receipts and a lock-up full of kit to prove it). Is that the unmentionable sting in the tail?

Back to drinking Lambrini instead of Rioja it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Well that's nothing for me then.

Is that the unmentionable sting in the tail?

Back to drinking Lambrini instead of Rioja it is then

Lets just say if DJ ing is your full time job and you only made about 8 grand a year on your tax return , you wouldn't have paid any tax of course but now you'll only be able to claim about £500 a month business income support , so you might as well get a paid job or apply for universal credit now,although I don't know if you'll be able to claim both ?