Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    admin@needadisco.com
    Great thanks for that. As you can see I am stressing a bit as my venue asked me to find a DJ, turned around 2 days ago and said its not on. I told the DJ, he got another booking and they then tell me the next morning it is on!! Seriously can they have not sorted this at least a month ago!! At no point did they say they need to make up numbers before its definite. I would never have booked anyone in if that was the case, especially on the busiest night of the year.

I will try and find a good DJ but they will get the best that I can find. I shall email them now as I have not had any confirmation on the last one, I think someone is on the other end just blocking my enquiries. As far as I can tell i have deleted my old enquiry and the two that I have sent have been rejected!

Hopefully i will find someone that has been holding out for a better paid event or has a recent cancellation.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Great thanks for that. As you can see I am stressing a bit as my venue asked me to find a DJ, turned around 2 days ago and said its not on. I told the DJ, he got another booking and they then tell me the next morning it is on!! Seriously can they have not sorted this at least a month ago!! At no point did they say they need to make up numbers before its definite. I would never have booked anyone in if that was the case, especially on the busiest night of the year.

I will try and find a good DJ but they will get the best that I can find. I shall email them now as I have not had any confirmation on the last one, I think someone is on the other end just blocking my enquiries. As far as I can tell i have deleted my old enquiry and the two that I have sent have been rejected!

Hopefully i will find someone that has been holding out for a better paid event or has a recent cancellation.
    I think needadisco is on the way out, hardly any new Enquiries coming through nowadays.
    It is probably recognising your email address, why don't you just raise another request from a different email account?

On the subject of needadisco I won a booking for the 16th of December, sent them the booking form and requested a £50.00 deposit
    but it has been over a week and not heard anything back as yet, will chase them up.
    A bit too far for me thought but if you can email me the details I will see what I can do.
    [email protected]

I think needadisco is on the way out, hardly any new Enquiries coming through nowadays but getting hundreds from elsewhere.

It is probably recognizing your email address, why don't you just raise another request from a different email account?
    but then again it will probably recognize the venue if you specified one
    Last edited by Vinny; 02-12-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Toby.
    Your inquiry came through on AMPDJ no problem

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I think needadisco is on the way out, hardly any new Enquiries coming through nowadays but getting hundreds from elsewhere.

It is probably recognizing your email address, why don't you just raise another request from a different email account?
    Probably my IP or something as I sent another one on another email and nothing came through?
    Hundreds from where elsewhere? i have reregistered on Disco directory as it has so many members.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Toby.
    Your inquiry came through on AMPDJ no problem

Daryll
    Yes I noticed that, much better, lets hope i get some results.

Toby I've started using Add To Event. It works on credits rather than a subscription so people only really bid for the work they deffo want.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    Toby I've started using Add To Event. It works on credits rather than a subscription so people only really bid for the work they deffo want.
    Well if the DJ's that are available are as good as the usability and structure of that site then thats great.

Default add to events

I used to be with add to events but I questioned them about "enquiry names" being "repeated".....there always seem to be a lot of people called "Claire" for some reason. They never gave a reason for it....also questioned them about how "we" know that the enquiry was actually undertaken by any dj's registered with them and they said that they don't display that. Not asking for how much, just who/if anyone actually got the booking!....they said "it's no ones business"....

Strange people.....strange company.....

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    I used to be with add to events but I questioned them about "enquiry names" being "repeated".....there always seem to be a lot of people called "Claire" for some reason. They never gave a reason for it....also questioned them about how "we" know that the enquiry was actually undertaken by any dj's registered with them and they said that they don't display that. Not asking for how much, just who/if anyone actually got the booking!....they said "it's no ones business"....

Strange people.....strange company.....
    Well, it's clare that it might not be the place for me then.

Would you believe it i have joined MDN. The numbers of DJ's on that makes it a goods place to find work.
    Lets hope some of the undesirable characters have been put in their place or asked to leave.

Certainly not joining this one. The guy can't even spell, so it sums up the intelligence levels:

Name:  dfjdhjg.png
Views: 119
Size:  34.8 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 03-12-2017 at 10:29 AM.

I saw this thread today and thought..."not had any leads for a while". Then I remembered I had clicked on the self suspension option when I was away for a few days.... about 6 months ago.