Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to hell!

Default I'm going to hell!

I make no secret of the fact I don't really like the song I get the most requests for - Mr Brightside - but I was a bit bored & just happened upon the stems for the track. The devil makes work for idle hands they say so out came a 'bouncy' remix...

https://m.soundcloud.com/juski/mrbounceside

I've not played it out yet & it was produced entirely on my laptop using only in ear headphones (the joys of sharing a house with 2 young kids etc) , so lord knows what it really sounds like.

It's awful I know but so is the original IMHO.

Oh & yes that is a bit of Baby Shark I sneaked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I make no secret of the fact I don't really like the song I get the most requests for - Mr Brightside - but I was a bit bored & just happened upon the stems for the track. The devil makes work for idle hands they say so out came a 'bouncy' remix...

https://m.soundcloud.com/juski/mrbounceside

I've not played it out yet & it was produced entirely on my laptop using only in ear headphones (the joys of sharing a house with 2 young kids etc) , so lord knows what it really sounds like.

It's awful I know but so is the original IMHO.

Oh & yes that is a bit of Baby Shark I sneaked into it.
    I'm more worried that you seem to have snuck Alvin and the Chipmunks in there

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'm more worried that you seem to have snuck Alvin and the Chipmunks in there
    LOL helium vocals are de regeur in the genre dontcha know!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I make no secret of the fact I don't really like the song I get the most requests for - Mr Brightside - but I was a bit bored & just happened upon the stems for the track.
    Are the stems unmastered?

Is there any way of just putting the stems together to create an un-mastered version of the song with a bit of dynamic range?!!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Are the stems unmastered?

Is there any way of just putting the stems together to create an un-mastered version of the song with a bit of dynamic range?!!
    The stems are a representative version of what they laid down 'on tape'. Drums are very compressed & distorted. Bass is distorted & lacks any sub. Guitars & keys... As flat & clipped sounding as they are on the final mix.

I get your idea but I don't think a remastering can solve the track's shortcomings. Well that & the fact its a 'let's jump up & down throwing beer everywhere like braindead loons' anthem

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Sampling Renegade Master. What a genius idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Sampling Renegade Master. What a genius idea.
    What can I say it was close to hand & I couldn't find my stash of suitable 'mc' samples

I like it...except for the helium effect. I'd like to have heard it without that effect.

Re the stems - seems I was mistaken!

I quickly rammed everything into Ableton including the original - and with barely any processing on the stems (a bit of expansion & EQ on the drum track) they sound WAY better than the album version. More bass, more treble, less distortion and more dynamic range. Isn't it about time we got a remastered version?

https://youtu.be/pDTy22yYncI

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I like it...except for the helium effect. I'd like to have heard it without that effect.
    Your wish... sir.. https://soundcloud.com/juski/mrbounceside2

BTW you know I don't actually own a MIDI keyboard anymore.. lol. All my 'musical' creations are done either with Ableton's grid editor or mashing my laptop keys
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 11-09-2018 at 11:53 PM.