Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bishop Sound

Question Bishop Sound

Hi all,

I'm after a new PA and I'm currently looking down the active route rather than passive.

Has anyone had a Bishop Sound set-up before?

They seem to have a decent RMS on their PA packages with a quite cheap price.

I've never heard of the brand or heard the speakers in person.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
    Nathan.

I've only heard them at shows, and from that very limited experience, they seem perfectly acceptable. Best I can do, sorry.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I've never heard of them or heard their products either, but the reviews on 'Trust Pilot' are good. I'd be interested to hear Peters (Excalibur) view of the company, I personally suspect it's a reincarnation of Class D, the fella in the videos looks familiar, as does the 'back story'.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I've never heard of them or heard their products either, but the reviews on 'Trust Pilot' are good. I'd be interested to hear Peters (Excalibur) view of the company, I personally suspect it's a reincarnation of Class D, the fella in the videos looks familiar, as does the 'back story'.
    That was my first thought, but it doesn't quite fit. Yes, the designer at Class D had a background with Carlsbro, but he'd left them years ago. Added to which, they openly used Chinese components. I don't see a link there.

My view of the company? Well they're from God's County, albeit a tad far North, so must be damn fine people.

He was at the Scottish AMP DJ meet the other week and I know folk bought stuff off him.

I was on my honeymoon so can't comment on them but the dude is on facebook if you want to ask him any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    He was at the Scottish AMP DJ meet the other week and I know folk bought stuff off him.

I was on my honeymoon so can't comment on them but the dude is on facebook if you want to ask him any questions.
    Considering his website gives just about every possible way of contacting him, I don't envisage him being hard to get in touch with.

However, I have no plans to go trekking 70 miles up the A1 on a fact finding mission.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 17-07-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks guys.

I've dropped him a message to see if there's any dealers in Kent to have a listen to before buying.
    Nathan.

If you read the website he doesn't appear to distribute through dealers, he sells via the website and his eBay shop.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Thanks guys.

I've dropped him a message to see if there's any dealers in Kent to have a listen to before buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    If you read the website he doesn't appear to distribute through dealers, he sells via the website and his eBay shop.
    Not strictly true, but I'm splitting a few of the last remaining hairs I have. There's one in Ireland, and himself in Ripon.

I haven't checked with Autoroute, but it's just possible that the dealer in Croatia might be nearer to Kent.

I've spoke to Andrew at Bishop Sound at length recently about an upcoming project where I need a big club rig for an install. Whilst I've not heard the system in question, a friend is about to purchase from him based on my recommendation. Andrew's knowledge and past experience from talking with him at length has filled me with enough confidence to recommend him. Bishop Sound were the driving force behind Carlsbro, and he's now a solo operation. Having done a lot of research before contacting him, speaking about requirements, and aspects not stated on his website he's went above an beyond to instill confidence, offer advice on aspects he doesn't offer as standard....and actually saved a lot of money for my contact over and beyond the prices stated on his website. All in all my experience thus far with Bishop Sound (without hearing the products) has been great thus far.