Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 363 of 564 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 5639

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I had a height issue last time I used my Ultimax Gary. I didn't have enough ceiling clearance to get the uprights in with the stand upright either. So, I tipped the stand over, slid the uprights in & then lifted the stand upright again. Sorted I'm still looking for telescopic upright poles though.. somebody must make such a thing you can buy on their own without having to hack a tripod to bits.
    Just buy the the correct ends to your stand and the ultimax wind up ones fit pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Just buy the the correct ends to your stand and the ultimax wind up ones fit pretty simple.
    Even simpler, buy two piece Ultimax poles. Won't give height variation, but it's probably the easiest way
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Default Curate's Egg.

Parts of it were excellent. Other parts definitely weren't.

It was a 120th ( 60x2 )Birthday for a friend. The disco was never going to be the focal point of the evening, but good music at a sensible level was the order of the day. It was in a " Marquee " ( I wonder if we could have an Euro standard definition of Marquee. They do seem to come in all shapes and sizes. ) attached to a small pub. The whole affair was somewhat intimate, so small kit was the order of the day, just the job for my new speakers. More on them later.

I got all set up, and was delighted with these new cabs. Until a funny thing happened. I was playing background, and only a handful of folk had arrived. I was speaking to one of these, while transferring this week's MP3s to the laptop. As I clicked Windows Explorer to close it, my left hand speaker closed down also, with an apparent power loss. I couldn't resurrect it, despite wiggling plugs, and flicking switches. No matter, I merely brought the Warriors off the bench, and was immediately struck by the loss of quality and capability.

Nevertheless, they did the job, which was background until after the splendid buffet, and then cakes, Happy Birthday, and speeches. Then it was Disco Time, except I had a problem which I suppose we've all seen before. Most of the audience were of an age with the birthday couple, and I could cope with music for them all night long. We weren't looking for full fat cheese, but we were in the area of The Usual Suspects. The highly energetic children, unfortunately, were my most prolific requesters, and sadly, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber ( Sorry cleared a full dancefloor ) et al didn't go down at all well with the over 60s. Hey ho.

50th Next week, and the only two cheesy songs allowed are that blasted Chocolate song, and What Does The Fox Say, for his Grandson. Let's see how that goes.

Just an ordinary residency wedding for me last night. The new hazer got an outing & I'm still impressed.

As for the gig.. A mixed bag. I was barely tickling the VU meter when I was asked to turn it down a bit by Aunty Joan... Until 9pm when she was leaving. Oh and Ed Sheeran's Sing was currently playing at the time & she chipped in that "all this awful rap music will have to go too". Oh my days.

They weren't dancers much til After the buffet had been out and classic cheese was the order of the day.

B&G were very appreciative at the end of the night. Another job done. Next weekend I've got a golden wedding anniversary booked which calls for my smallest rig ever. Bring out the two foot ultimax & Chauvet WashFX.

The new hazer got an outing & I'm still impressed.
    Which hazer and fluid did you get? My hazer just isn't hanging any more - I get 20 seconds of "smoke" and then it disappears!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    my left hand speaker closed down also, with an apparent power loss. I couldn't resurrect it, despite wiggling plugs, and flicking switches.
    So what was your new speaker Peter which died, one of these new fangled active things

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Which hazer and fluid did you get? My hazer just isn't hanging any more - I get 20 seconds of "smoke" and then it disappears!
    http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...0-Fogger-Hazer

If your haze isn't hanging, maybe the fluid is past its best. Fluid use is so low these days I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder can 'go off'.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    So what was your new speaker Peter which died, one of these new fangled active things
    Oh yeah I was meaning to ask... What are your new cabs Peter?

If your haze isn't hanging, maybe the fluid is past its best. Fluid use is so low these days I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder can 'go off'.
    Ah, interesting

Not only is the Haze fluid a year old, but it's also from the original top up that I did a year ago - maybe I should discard that from the machine and put some fresh fluid in from the bottle (at least that's been properly sealed).

Probably ones to avoid

Not telling.

Probably ones to avoid
    Jury's out on that one.

There are reasons for my reticence, folks. Depending on many many things, I may divulge further information. As is normal in these situations, the thing is faultless this morning. I'm currently torn, as on one hand, I love them, they're keenly priced, the spec is good, and they're plywood cabs. On the other hand, I'm not confident of their reliability. I may yet wander off and start a thread about them, as I intended to do. Watch this space.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 03-04-2016 at 09:17 PM.