Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Did you speak to them and confirm that was their budget for everything?
    I did.

Well, I say 'I' - a DJ friend of mine who is also on NaD made contact and told me.

To be fair, I think it's a fake enquiry.
    Last edited by Benny Smyth; 04-06-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added info.

Stranger things have happened than someone costs it appropriately, puts in a tender and seals a £2-3k deal.

Much stranger.

So. Here is my NAD findings.

I've been a member for 3 months this week the initial fee for my area was quite reasonable (I think its the lowest band) so I grabbed it with open arms. A valid accreditation and leads for under £100 seemed value enough.

In this time I've been given 91 leads, almost one per day. I've been ineligible for a further 25 which Im working on, mind you only 9 of these needed a Gold DJ Mark the rest I was already working so it wont be a huge gain.

I've had 5 wins with 2 more pending the client meaning I have hit the 10x target all of this without any featured slots or additional costs.

I've recently changed my email to clients and its been much better at hooking them so colour me a happy customer. Its certainly worked in my case.

AMPDJ has only provided around 20 leads in this time but I have snagged a few of these too.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Just joined NAD, disappointed to find in order to have a djmark I am expected to respond in some way to that ProDub BS. For now I will choose to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by djrikki View Post
    Just joined NAD, disappointed to find in order to have a djmark I am expected to respond in some way to that ProDub BS. For now I will choose to ignore it.
    Not a good move in my opinion. The DJ marks are valuable. Also, if you're CD based, or otherwise exempt from Produb, why not say so?

Andy, good to hear you're doing well from it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Of course because we all approve of anybody copying HD's full of music and selling them cheap don't we?

You may not like certain regulations but as a professional it's your duty to abide by them - otherwise you're not running a legitimate business.

And as has been pointed out, if you don't copy music it won't apply to you anyway, so what's the problem?

Nowadays all my music is purchased from iTunes, Beatport etc... I have no desire to burn any of it to CD.

Nowadays all my music is purchased from iTunes, Beatport etc... I have no desire to burn any of it to CD.
    If you're not making copies from any format to any format (it's not just cd's) - so you buy a tune once but have two or more copies of it - just state you don't require produb on NaD, it's as simple as that.

Okay, thanks for explaining that to me.

iTunes Match is apparently a legitimate way to not have Produb. Does not help you though. i can see why they have included Produb, and can see in a very amateur majority industry, why it adds legitimate clout to any listing site, but there should be a get out clause to still have the award if you don't need it.

I have a question. Is it right for DJ's to state on their sites that they are "national award winning DJ's" as i have seen this a lot. The DJ's i have seen have been pretty bog standard, but have just fulfilled certain criteria to get a platinum listing, which any one can do really. I just think that it can be a bit misleading, but also understand that its good for the website if the client perceives the benefit of having that.

If and can get to the format and (albeit it on a smaller scale) of Check a trade or Trip Advisor, then I for one would be very interested. I am not really bothered about awards, but more about real feedback from real people.

Keep up the good work Martin. i personally think the site is of huge benefit to the industry and has so much potential. If we could get to the stage where we could have a leg imitate qualification or something (like the building trade, or a musician etc), then that would be brilliant.
    Last edited by yourdj; 12-09-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/