Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think the end may be nigh for me

I came home from work on Thursday to 2 bits of mail

- my ticket for the league cup semi final

- a nice manila envelope with HMRC printed on top of it.

I didn't want to open it and ruin my weekend so I left it until this morning. £3.5k give or take a few bob so not the total shafting I was expecting but still more than I want to give the s so I'm sitting down with an accountant over the next week or so to look into my options.

Funny thing is, I was in Ibiza for a week there and totally like - ' it I'm rapping it in and we can go travelling South America properly in Summer 2021' to Saturday night having a great gig and thinking ' even if the tax bill is stinking, this is still really fun.'

Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 29-10-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.
    Hallelujah.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hallelujah.
    What? Celebrating me almost quitting? Mind, I guess if & when I do shut up shop the industry will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief there's one less loose cannon doing the rounds

What? Celebrating me almost quitting? Mind, I guess if & when I do shut up shop the industry will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief there's one less loose cannon doing the rounds
    OK, muppet. Let's have another go, this time with emphasis on the apposite text.

Hallelujah.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

OK, muppet. Let's have another go, this time with emphasis on the apposite text.
    Hahaha I know Peter, I know. I just like to think there are a few people who'd clap their hands when they hear I've jacked in

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Hahaha I know Peter, I know. I just like to think there are a few people who'd clap their hands when they hear I've jacked in
    I've already got the firework display booked.

You know you got ed when the girl in the bank has to run you through all of the money laundering safety checks before putting the payment through

I've made my peace with it - my issue now is having put some thought into wether to soldier on or not, I've actually lost the buzz for it now.

I love the actual gigging as when I'm playing music but everything round about it now, I just can't drum up any enthusiasm for. I used to love getting leads in because it meant the chase was on and I got a real buzz out of running the business side of it really well too but that's disappeared. Maybe my head is telling me it's time to chuck it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    You know you got ed when the girl in the bank has to run you through all of the money laundering safety checks before putting the payment through

I've made my peace with it - my issue now is having put some thought into wether to soldier on or not, I've actually lost the buzz for it now.

I love the actual gigging as when I'm playing music but everything round about it now, I just can't drum up any enthusiasm for. I used to love getting leads in because it meant the chase was on and I got a real buzz out of running the business side of it really well too but that's disappeared. Maybe my head is telling me it's time to chuck it...
    It's not something you can do for a job if you're almost dreading it. You have to enjoy it (not saying looking forward to every gig but if you're clock watching when gigging then I'd say its time to check out IMO).
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    It's not something you can do for a job if you're almost dreading it. You have to enjoy it (not saying looking forward to every gig but if you're clock watching when gigging then I'd say its time to check out IMO).

Ive got my mojo back a bit.

The gigging was never an issue so it wasnt clock watching, it was all the admin stuff round about it but ive got a few meets ) skypes done or upcoming and its kicked me back into gear.

With some savvy financial manouvering in the next month we'll be locked in and guaranteed mortgage free within the next 3 years / time im 38 so im dead sure ill give it up at that atage but we'll see.