Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Advice on possible lighting change please.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Got any info on that one Peter (links/specs).

I just Goooooogled it and all I can find is information on a pointy building in London
    Snap, which is why I could give no links, sorry.
    Imagine if you will an invincibled with a whacking great quad colour light source inside, and pretty impressive coverage and movement. No gobos, just beams, but for less than £200 it's a lot of centrepiece.

Unless you get young Bert from Prolight displaying his wares at a meeting near you, it looks like you'll have to wait till BPM for a peek at it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Got any info on that one Peter (links/specs).

I just Goooooogled it and all I can find is information on a pointy building in London
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Snap, which is why I could give no links, sorry.
    Imagine if you will an invincibled with a whacking great quad colour light source inside, and pretty impressive coverage and movement. No gobos, just beams, but for less than £200 it's a lot of centrepiece.

Unless you get young Bert from Prolight displaying his wares at a meeting near you, it looks like you'll have to wait till BPM for a peek at it.
    Nathan.

Fusion Max Rollers. 30w, not 12, and light and compact enough for me. A certain Cumbrian dealer will be bringing me a pair down at the end of the month, and I'll let you all know how I get on with them.

Many thanks for all the advice given here, it's appreciated.
    How are you getting on with the Max Rollers? Currently eyeing these up for next month along with the Fusion Spot XP's from Equinox (50w)
    Nathan.

Somebody brings out a new light which would have fitted the bill admirably on its own at less than £200. Fortunately, it's unlikely to hit the shelves before September, I believe, which is some consolation. Look out for the Equinox Shard. (
    Is it not just their version of the Quad Phase HP, which you ruled out in the very first post?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Is it not just their version of the Quad Phase HP, which you ruled out in the very first post?
    Almost. I actually ruled out the original Quad Phase, which only had a 10w light source. I'll own up to that not being the one I thought it was, I was thinking of the various ones with this type of configuration.
    Also, the Quad Phase HP, has only a 32w source, against the 60w from the Equinox version. I will admit though, that I didn't explain well enough, and also I hadn't checked out some of the options carefully enough. My mistake.
    In my defence ( yeah, I'm desperately scrabbling for weak excuses, OK. ) the two I've just enthused over weren't available then, and one may not be available yet.
    Also, while they're both great lights, and I was impressed by both, I'm still not sure they're the answer I was looking for, and in all honesty, the Swarm Wash and its equivalents are really the only ones which fit my original criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    How are you getting on with the Max Rollers? Currently eyeing these up for next month along with the Fusion Spot XP's from Equinox (50w)
    Cons:
    Not as bright as I'd hoped.

Mounting bracket seems to suffer from " Brewers Droop " . I'm going to have have a look at that, and see what I can do.

Barrels don't have full movement.

Pros:
    Barrels don't have full movement. The more observant among you will have seen that I put this as a con, which it is if you've got them under DMX and want to point them in specific directions.
    However, if you simply let them run wild of their own accord, it becomes a good thing, as they spend much more time pointing in the general direction of the dancefloor.

Small, and relatively light.

I'm not sure about the sockets being at the bottom, it's one of the factors pushing me to lose the crossbar, so I can run the cables down the uprights. I've got another idea for when I use the bar, involving mounting them horizontally, not vertically. Piccies if and when that happens.

To sum up, they're doing the job I need them to do, I'm fairly sure that the Chauvet 305s wouldn't suit me better, and having recently seen Rush Wizards in action, there's no way on God's Green Earth they're going on my booth ever again. ( Until September 2018 probably, when John will doubtless wheel the things out for his gig in Hull I'm helping with. )

Anything better? Well the Acme Dynamic 25 range impressed me immensely when I saw them ages ago, but they're not easy to find, or maybe discontinued. Hope this helps, I've been absolutely honest.

I'm fairly sure that the Chauvet 305s wouldn't suit me better....
    Fantastic fixtures - use mine every single week

...and having recently seen Rush Wizards in action, there's no way on God's Green Earth they're going on my booth ever again. ( Until September 2018 probably, when John will doubtless wheel the things out for his gig in Hull I'm helping with. )
    DMX is your friend.
    I've got a pair of the Jaguar rip-offs (identical in every way). A nightmare until they're under control....I can make them do whatever I want these days including slow dances

Cons:
    Not as bright as I'd hoped.

Mounting bracket seems to suffer from " Brewers Droop " . I'm going to have have a look at that, and see what I can do.

Barrels don't have full movement.

Pros:
    Barrels don't have full movement. The more observant among you will have seen that I put this as a con, which it is if you've got them under DMX and want to point them in specific directions.
    However, if you simply let them run wild of their own accord, it becomes a good thing, as they spend much more time pointing in the general direction of the dancefloor.

Small, and relatively light.

I'm not sure about the sockets being at the bottom, it's one of the factors pushing me to lose the crossbar, so I can run the cables down the uprights. I've got another idea for when I use the bar, involving mounting them horizontally, not vertically. Piccies if and when that happens.

To sum up, they're doing the job I need them to do, I'm fairly sure that the Chauvet 305s wouldn't suit me better, and having recently seen Rush Wizards in action, there's no way on God's Green Earth they're going on my booth ever again. ( Until September 2018 probably, when John will doubtless wheel the things out for his gig in Hull I'm helping with. )

Anything better? Well the Acme Dynamic 25 range impressed me immensely when I saw them ages ago, but they're not easy to find, or maybe discontinued. Hope this helps, I've been absolutely honest.
    The 305s looks good but at twice the cost I wouldn't say their worth it in comparison.

The 25 range is in stock at my local dealer. Would you say they are brighter from memory, as they have a 'cree LED'.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    . Would you say they are brighter from memory, as they have a 'cree LED'.
    At my age I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!

Aha, fair enough!

Just found these...

Now it's a 3-way duel for these, the Fusion MAXs or the Dynamic 25 (after a test run).

All around the same price but the Beamz has more features and a separate gobo/colour wheel!

Nathan.

Almost. I actually ruled out the original Quad Phase, which only had a 10w light source.
    Also, the Quad Phase HP, has only a 32w source, against the 60w from the Equinox version.
    I owned the Quad Phase HP (I kinda regret selling it now). For 32w, it's very powerful... in fact, I'm not sure I'd want a 60w version of it.

Even at 32w, it cut through absolutely everything.

But agree, the original 10w version was a little lacking.

Also, while they're both great lights, and I was impressed by both, I'm still not sure they're the answer I was looking for,
    I agree, compared to the swarms you were mentioning, the Quad Phase and Shard are a little bit of a one trick pony, and very much have to be used alongside other effects.

But for a simple, relatively low cost set up, some form of "par bar" wash plus Quad Phase HP makes a very effective setup.