Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hostsphere?

Default Hostsphere?

I know quite a few on here are using Alex's Hostsphere service.

i have set up a new domain a couple of weeks ago, paid for a year and nothing has happened. I was slightly concerned when i saw that they say they are not taking on any new customers on the front page, but as an existing customer, with a third party domain, I went ahead and set up the new one.

I have since sent 2 messages via the support ticket system and also a Facebook message (he has been posting on his timeline) and had nout back?? Anyone else know anything about this as its not really a great service. I expected to get this site live by last week and at the moment I am £20 out of pocket and at square one. I am not even sure if the new domain has been issued to the hosting company??

Its rated 5 stars by many of you on here (Twin Spin for example), but i would be hard pushed to give it a 2 at the moment, based on the lack of support. I am guessing he may be on Holiday, as i have seen him on a flight from Spain once and he said "I have not checked Hostphere for a week", but you think he would get someone to look after it if he was or have an auto responder? I get cranky if i leave an email for a day LOL.

Name:  .jpg
Views: 170
Size:  28.4 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 04-12-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Did you register the domain yourself through a 3rd party?

If you want to get a site online quick give me a shout. I'll throw it up FOC until you sort things out with Alex (within a reasonable timeframe, obviously!).

Phone not working Toby?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Phone not working Toby?
    Phone? Phone? Blimey, that's an idea from Leftfield.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Phone not working Toby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Phone? Phone? Blimey, that's an idea from Leftfield.
    Have you called him recently?

My mum, wife dad and sister are the only people i call really as I don't use phones much, but may give that a go. I would have thought an internet company would be prioritising email and online support over phones though, but failing carrier pigeon thats the one choice i have left if i don't hear anything in the next week.

Its not urgent Mark, but I really wanted to get on with it. It's a site/blog for my son and I am at home alone for a month and half as they are ion Poland. When he comes back I won't have as much time so wanted to get cracking on it. I have just moved 5 sites from Astutium to TSO hosts as the package allocations were really small (5 gig for a 10 site plan!!) and the service was getting very blunt, so still have one domain allocation free (10 gig for a 6 site plan, and on the minute friendly 24 hr return on support). If it has not been logged by them as taken (not sure how these things work) then I will just register it elsewhere and get a refund. Give it a week or so as i still have another site to update.
    Last edited by yourdj; 04-12-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Phone not working Toby?
    Hi Neil. I tried PM'ing you a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    If it has not been logged by them as taken (not sure how these things work) then I will just register it elsewhere and get a refund.
    Domain registrations are normally automated.

Do a search at www.whois.sc, if that says it's available then you can register it somewhere else...

Funny you should post this as I'm having trouble getting hold of them too.

Sent 2 support tickets with one titled "is there anybody there???" and no reply so I take it there isn't!

I do use the phone and have tried calling and still nothing.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post

I do use the phone and have tried calling and still nothing.
    I assumed phoning would also be futile also. He is not on holiday as they only put the christmas decorations up the day before I sent a support ticket

Strange, Alex is usually pretty good at getting back to people - I know he's been quite busy with DJEP lately.

On another note, if you're looking for a new host... I may be able to help you
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs