Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HK Audio Lucas Nano 600

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I got a quote for bags from Hot Covers but it's not significantly cheaper than getting the HK rolle rbags from Thomann so I think I'll go for them but it might be worth checking out to see if there's any local bag makers which could help you out.
    Thanks for ongoing reviews, Jim. I'm hoping to get a 2nd in time for Xmas gigs.

I got a rolling back for mine from Thomann. Fairly pleased - it could be a bit sturdier where the top of the handle attached to the top of the bag, and I'm sure something cheaper could be replicated elsewhere, but I'm pleased enough to budget for a 2nd to match the 2nd system @ Xmas.
    There's room inside for the 2 pole mounts & iec, then 2 zipped pockets on the top for the neutrik cables. My whole setup is done in 2 trips now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Boy View Post
    Thanks for ongoing reviews, Jim. I'm hoping to get a 2nd in time for Xmas gigs.

I got a rolling back for mine from Thomann. Fairly pleased - it could be a bit sturdier where the top of the handle attached to the top of the bag, and I'm sure something cheaper could be replicated elsewhere, but I'm pleased enough to budget for a 2nd to match the 2nd system @ Xmas.
    There's room inside for the 2 pole mounts & iec, then 2 zipped pockets on the top for the neutrik cables. My whole setup is done in 2 trips now.
    Superb.

I'd probably keep loading mine onto my rock n roller anyway to keep the amount of trips down but it's good to know the bag is a decent option if I do need to wheel them around individually.

The sound from two of them is tremendous. I need to get myself a stereo 1/4 so I can properly hook them up the way the manual suggests you link them instead of having the left xlr from the desk going to one and the right xlr from the desk going to the other.

Used at a fair few gigs now - very happy.
    Super easy to transport and havent had any strange looks etc regarding the size of the tops.

Ran into a problem on Saturday with a very drunk lady picking up the speaker stand and singing into the tops like a big mic.
    The speaker stand snapped as she held it slightly vertical grrrrrr..

I need the mono stands to make the setup smaller and cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Superb.

I'd probably keep loading mine onto my rock n roller anyway to keep the amount of trips down but it's good to know the bag is a decent option if I do need to wheel them around individually.

The sound from two of them is tremendous. I need to get myself a stereo 1/4 so I can properly hook them up the way the manual suggests you link them instead of having the left xlr from the desk going to one and the right xlr from the desk going to the other.
    I was thinking the same thing?
    I wonder if it makes a big difference?

Default A few findings from the xmas gigs

So, I have used my 2 Nano 600s for the last 2 months for approx 8 gigs and am fairly happy.

A few findings:

The tops dispersion is fairly narrow, but I knew this.
    The mids seem to be weak and I have been using the EQ fairly hard to push the mids up.
    The Subs kick really hard and over power the highs, especially if I have the subs coupled in front.
    The stands from the "Stereo Pack" are small, light and portable, on a downside the stands are small, light and portable lol

I am fairly concious that the speakers are light and small and I am constantly looking for a safe area to put them in.
    Just the other weekend some clients started grabbing my speakers and singing into it like a mic lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aj6...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by rotoitiman View Post
    So, I have used my 2 Nano 600s for the last 2 months for approx 8 gigs and am fairly happy.
    How many people would 2 x Nano 600s work for?

And if you ran just one of them, would that be suffice for 100 people in a smallish room?

Just seeing if I can get 1 to begin with, and the 2nd at a later date.

Interesting little setup.

Sorry to get all techy (just in my nature) but when you look a the figures it gives peaks of 130spl which is only for the tops. Both sub and tops are 123db (sub), 124db (double top) and 119db (single top) respectivly.

Definitly a decent small discreet system for small weddings, background music speeches ect!!!

Been looking at small units like this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    How many people would 2 x Nano 600s work for?

And if you ran just one of them, would that be suffice for 100 people in a smallish room?

Just seeing if I can get 1 to begin with, and the 2nd at a later date.
    I would be interested to have a look at them and see if they could hold their own in a 100 strong crowd in a reasonable sized room?
    I always like to have a system that double what i need and run it at half power, so I doubt it? They do look good though.

As per the other post, your best bet for practicality & cost is to get one larger system. The main benefit is deeper bass as you can't get that out of two smaller cabs. It will be OK, but you would be better off with two half decent full range top speaker sif you ask me (like the RCF 310a). This system on its own is a good performer on paper, but only probably only suitable for small parties (i.e. a small wedding in a small room with under (<50 guests) & aerobics instructors

Also you will have to set up/transport/maintain two subs & 4 tops vs one sub and two tops with a 12 inch system like the Dave.
    If looks/compactness are your priority look at the Mauwi type systems. I have also seen a stunning one by HK audio. Now thats suitable for 100 people and is well light/compact.

Name:  ls_hk_elements_01.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  15.4 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 14-02-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Also check out the similarly styled RCF EVOX 8

Name:  331.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  48.7 KB
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Also you will have to set up/transport/maintain two subs & 4 tops
    My reason for having an interest in the HK Audio Lucas Nano 600 was that 1 x sub and 2 x tops are less than 20kg, and travel together in one small package, the size of a small suitcase. No other system seems to come close for weight.

Most subs are 30-40kg each alone!

I've arranged for a demo of the Nano 600 next weekend so I can hear for myself how amazing or rubbish it is - I'll feedback what I find!