Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New years eve

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    It is a big bugbear of mine. We have a really nice (and not cheap) venue which do around 300 weddings a year and it really is like a conveyer belt. The staff don't just stack chairs etc, they actually start setting up and laying tables for the following day.
    I know! Lots of disco companies even start de-rigging before the last song has finished. It's almost as if they can't wait to get away! Absolutely shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I know! Lots of disco companies even start de-rigging before the last song has finished. It's almost as if they can't wait to get away! Absolutely shocking
    Ah, that I don't do. I have been known to disappear off to the toilet though, so there is no-one to ask "one more" to!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I used to be guilty of that until I realised how bad it looks. Still often shut down backup laptop etc but always stuff nobody can see, even then it is pointless really as only saves seconds at the end of the night.

I used to use different coloured plugs so I knew what to unplug which I still use as easier to trace if any fault occurs.

Race Night discos are different though - I end up with a light, mixer, laptop and speakers by the end but is a completely different situation.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I used to be guilty of that until I realised how bad it looks.
    I tried doing it once. Ended up with a 3/5 review because the only time the customer noticed the amount of lights was at the fade of the very last tune when all that was left up still was the wash system. Ooops

I used to be guilty of that until I realised how bad it looks. Still often shut down backup laptop etc but always stuff nobody can see, even then it is pointless really as only saves seconds at the end of the night.
    Guilty of shutting down back up laptop too and closing CD cases.

Also kill the smoke machine about 15 mins before everything as it takes a while to cool and venues want you out in 10 mins...
    Nathan.

I've also done it on occasions but it has generally been when (a) It has been a mediocre night and there are a handful of stragglers still hanging around at the bar, uninterested but determined to get their 'money's worth', or (b) When the 'get everything out of the venue' time is looking a bit tight.
    It's never been that noticeable to the public though. I turn off and pack up the back up laptop and maybe the pars behind the Equinox screen and unplug and pack those away.

There was one occasion though where I was having a banger of a night and I kept getting hounded to play "One more!" so I checked with the venue to make sure it was ok and I explained to the birthday boy that I would keep the music going but I'd start packing up everything else. They were fine with that and I was still out of the venue by Midnight even though I'd played the last track at 11.45pm.

I don't see too much of a problem getting prepared, just as long as it is not obvious because it may look like you can't wait to get away..... which, if we're honest, is exactly that (sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    closing CD cases.
    What's a 'CD Case' ??
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

What's a 'CD Case' ??
    I know. Some bulky shiny thing. Soon to be gone thankfully!
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post

There was one occasion though where I was having a banger of a night and I kept getting hounded to play "One more!" so I checked with the venue to make sure it was ok and I explained to the birthday boy that I would keep the music going but I'd start packing up everything else. They were fine with that and I was still out of the venue by Midnight even though I'd played the last track at 11.45pm.

I don't see too much of a problem getting prepared, just as long as it is not obvious because it may look like you can't wait to get away..... which, if we're honest, is exactly that (sometimes).
    I do that on occasion (usually parties on private premises), it definitely takes me longer to do it though. I don't mind to be honest only adds 10 mins. I tend to get the "are you leaving the equipment here" halfway though packing away when I do that though followed by "how are we supposed to listen to music" haha.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    I know. Some bulky shiny thing. Soon to be gone thankfully!
    They are getting more and more uncommon now. As an early Serato user makes me laugh all the digital haters that now proudly rock a controller and laptop. Don't see a problem in using CD's though, the quality is better for one on originals.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/