Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GIG Cancelled :(

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    As well as I know Mark I am starting to wonder whether he is using this adverse situation (and legal obligations) & turning this into a publicity stunt and will bounce back as an executive partner with whoever takes it over. After all It might be a very wise move for someone like ADJ or DJ kit to buy the rights and continue with what is an established and ready made trade show. He has done the hard bit, everyone knows about BPM!
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

There' s one HUGE downside to this new version though....

It's a Saturday and Sunday!

WHY???????????????
    That's mean's I'm oot. I'm not travelling up just for the one day (like a lot of people who are commenting elsewhere.....I'm working). A big part of BPM was the social side on the Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

It's a Saturday and Sunday!
    You what? I beg your pardon? Surely not?

Oh come on, that's just plain silly.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You what? I beg your pardon? Surely not?

Oh come on, that's just plain silly.
    I concur!

However, the mighty Pete Williams (this new version appears to be a combination of MDJN, NADJ and possibly SEDA working together), says

"Problem is that the amount of DJs available to attend on a Monday is minimal and not worth the venue hire and exhibitors investment.
    I understand how frustrating it is to be on a weekend, but with so many DJs having day jobs as well as DJing, weekends still remain the best option for the majority"

Erm....it's never been a problem for me or a lot of other part timers I know to take a day's annual leave if they're that concerned about attending.
    The cynic in me says it's to attract the maximum number of teenage bedroom DJs as well to make all sorts of noise with the controllers....but it's half term week so shouldn't make too much difference.

There is apparently the possibility of shifting it to earlier in the year (i.e. Jan/Feb/March) from what I'm reading....which would make more sense.

Oh well....just have to wait and see what happens next year. I'm not going to make it this year due to having a well paying wedding on the Saturday night. I suppose the alternative could be to go for the Sunday, stay overnight and travel home on the Monday as usual.....will have to think about that one...

I suppose the alternative could be to go for the Sunday, stay overnight and travel home on the Monday as usual.....will have to think about that one...
    Keep thinking, son. Let me know when you come up with something that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Keep thinking, son. Let me know when you come up with something that makes sense.
    I'm thinking my idea might possibly make perfect sense to be honest. Sunday day time looking at shiny toys I have no need for, Sunday night cruising the bars and kebab houses of Broad Street and Monday drive home after brekky in Weatherspoons....what's not to like?

I'm thinking my idea might possibly make perfect sense to be honest. Sunday day time looking at shiny toys I have no need for, Sunday night cruising the bars and kebab houses of Broad Street and Monday drive home after brekky in Weatherspoons....what's not to like?
    You young 'uns may cope with the rapid pace of modern life, but I want to peruse the show in a leisurely manner on Monday, in preparation for the cut and thrust of the journey home. Last year took about four hours longer than planned, and I got to see parts of the country I'd never seen before, due to road closures and jams.

Dash down Sunday morning for doors opening, gallop round Sunday, and drive home with a thick head Monday? Think I'll pass.

But what about the bedroom djs who wanna pretend they're (insert name of latest overpaid premixed set player/mime act here), ragging the poor Pioneer controller knobs off?? Saturday is better for them

Nevermind us WORKING DJs eh.

Oh no. I just moaned like all the other DJs.

I concur!

Erm....it's never been a problem for me or a lot of other part timers I know to take a day's annual leave if they're that concerned about attending.
    The cynic in me says it's to attract the maximum number of teenage bedroom DJs as well to make all sorts of noise with the controllers....but it's half term week so shouldn't make too much difference.

There is apparently the possibility of shifting it to earlier in the year (i.e. Jan/Feb/March) from what I'm reading....which would make more sense.

Oh well....just have to wait and see what happens next year. I'm not going to make it this year due to having a well paying wedding on the Saturday night. I suppose the alternative could be to go for the Sunday, stay overnight and travel home on the Monday as usual.....will have to think about that one...
    Absolutely. I have taken the Monday as annual leave from work since whenever and, with the benefit of free rail travel thanks to the day job, I can get there and back no problem. One Monday it was held on my birthday and to cap it all off, I found out that day that I had won the Pro Mobile monthly prize.

The Saturday is obviously out as I and I expect many others are already booked up, and the Sunday, with the combination of a late arrival home on the Sunday morning coupled with rail replacement bus services or circumnavigatory engineering works diversions, make the probability of me going on the Sunday smaller than a very small thing indeed.

We are of course all assuming that it is going to be held in the Genting Arena again. Has that been confirmed, as the dates were announced as the Sunday and Monday with presumably the Saturday booked in for set up etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Absolutely. I have taken the Monday as annual leave from work since whenever and, with the benefit of free rail travel thanks to the day job, I can get there and back no problem. One Monday it was held on my birthday and to cap it all off, I found out that day that I had won the Pro Mobile monthly prize.

The Saturday is obviously out as I and I expect many others are already booked up, and the Sunday, with the combination of a late arrival home on the Sunday morning coupled with rail replacement bus services or circumnavigatory engineering works diversions, make the probability of me going on the Sunday smaller than a very small thing indeed.

We are of course all assuming that it is going to be held in the Genting Arena again. Has that been confirmed, as the dates were announced as the Sunday and Monday with presumably the Saturday booked in for set up etc.
    Not the Genting Arena - but somewhere in Brum is all they'll say at the moment. It's a completely different event which just happens to be being held at approximately the same time