Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Win10 comes with Windows Mail and, despite your post, you can create folders and move mail between them. To do this, simply click on "More" at the bottom of the left hand menu (under the Folders section). At the top of the new screen, it will say "All Folders" followed by "+". Click the "+" and it will allow you to create a new folder of your choice. Then, go to the email you want to move, right-click it and select "Move". You can then choose your new folder and this will move your email across.

I'm thinking I've missed something here as the solution is really quite simple and I would have thought you'd have sussed it out, Peter. Maybe I've misunderstood and you're trying to do something different, I'm not sure. Anyway, for a better, more feature-packed email client, you could always just download the free Thunderbird. It's the best email client that I've used for years now.
    I still use outlook and its fab. Along with Word, good programs always have been.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'm using Gmail mostly now... costs £3 a month for a business account but the spam filtering is excellent!
    I use Gmail (Gsuite) for all my emails now - 4 accounts costing £3.60 each a month. Best money I have ever spent as you get an unbelievable amount of software with it too, which you can automate using tools like Zapier.

My admin time has been cut right down due to this and also means I can access from any computer or device with ease. Took a bit of building confidence having everything in the cloud and relying on automation, but wish I had done it years ago now.

Only snag is the inability to draft an email to send at a later date, boomerang does allow this but only 10 emails a month and to pay works out quite pricey especially for 4 accounts.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I use Gmail (Gsuite) for all my emails now - 4 accounts costing £3.60 each a month.
    I run my emails thought that i think? Its a Google app of some sort anyway.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post

I'm thinking I've missed something here as the solution is really quite simple and I would have thought you'd have sussed it out, Peter.
    Whatever you're drinking, I want some! You're way off, Ah say you're way off, Son. With Live Mail on 7 I could create archive folders to put stuff in, and best trick of all was when replying to a NaD enquiry. When I sent a reply from the tablet, it wouldn't show as sent on the Home PC. Once it had appeared in the inbox of the Home email address, I simply moved it across into Sent in the Disco. Simples. With Windows 10, everything is ring fenced, and there's no way I can move an email from Disco to Home. I can move them from inbox to sent, or draft, but only in the same address. Grrrrrr!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Whatever you're drinking, I want some! You're way off, Ah say you're way off, Son. With Live Mail on 7 I could create archive folders to put stuff in, and best trick of all was when replying to a NaD enquiry. When I sent a reply from the tablet, it wouldn't show as sent on the Home PC. Once it had appeared in the inbox of the Home email address, I simply moved it across into Sent in the Disco. Simples. With Windows 10, everything is ring fenced, and there's no way I can move an email from Disco to Home. I can move them from inbox to sent, or draft, but only in the same address. Grrrrrr!
    Outlook on a Mac, four different accounts connected to various fruity flavoured devices via IMAP - able to move emails between folders and accounts, and even see them on all different devices

Office 365 for me.

The best email system there is.

Thunderbird all day long!
    Nathan.

With all of these suggestions flying around, I can sense either myself or Marc J will be getting a phonecall at some point later today

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Office 365 for me.

The best email system there is.
    Totally agree

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Thunderbird all day long!
    God no. I'm currently using that on my laptop. As emails come in I sort them into monthly folders & most of the time it fails to find emails I search for. Absolutely rubbish! Very very frustrating that it won't search subfolders by default.