Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    God no. I'm currently using that on my laptop. As emails come in I sort them into monthly folders & most of the time it fails to find emails I search for. Absolutely rubbish! Very very frustrating that it won't search subfolders by default.
    Click on your [email protected] above Inbox. Under Advanced Features - 'Search messages' (subfolders pre-ticked) select filters for search. Subject, body, sender etc.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Click on your [email protected] above Inbox. Under Advanced Features - 'Search messages' (subfolders pre-ticked) select filters for search. Subject, body, sender etc.
    Yep been there done that. It has an amazing ability to miss emails in plain sight. I don't know how or why but it just does. It's so frustrating I'm considering PAYING for an email client!

I'm considering PAYING for an email client!
    I used a company in Darlo, wasn't cheap @£36ish a month, but after a year they shown me everything I needed to know, had everything setup and running like clockwork, then downgraded my package to the £3.60 a month g-suite which is all I need now.

It really opened my eyes as to how much you can do with email (and in particular g-suite). Not cheap but probably saved me 000's of hours and failures trying to work things out - many options I didn't even know existed.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I'm considering PAYING for an email client!
    Office 365 (the full version) comes with Outlook (and the rest of the Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint etc), which is an incredibly powerful piece of software.

Alongside that, you also have the power powerful online version of Outlook for when you're on the move, and of course, the mobile app.

Everything just works.

Last night I wanted to catch up on loads of emails, but didn't want to be sending them at 10pm at night. So just clicked 'delay delivery' and all the emails were sent between 9am and 10am this morning. Just one of the many useful tools the software has.

I also use a piece of software called Sane Box https://www.sanebox.com/ which does an excellent job of keeping my inbox full of people I want to hear from, and the less important stuff in a 'later' folder.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I also use a piece of software called Sane Box https://www.sanebox.com/ which does an excellent job of keeping my inbox full of people I want to hear from, and the less important stuff in a 'later' folder.
    'Ow much????!!!??? (and I can hear dear Peter from a couple of hundred miles away!)

I've got four email addresses...believe me...it's cheaper, easier and less hassle just to train Outlook and SpamAssassin as to what's important!

I always steer clients towards G-Suite rather than O365, when it's just email.

O365 does have the edge if they're also wanting the software (MS Office). I think the G approach of "everything online all the time" is a step too far for some people to grasp sometimes...but once you get used to it it's very easy. And G's spam filtering is really good.

It's when you try to mix the two (G Suite email and MS Outlook) that things get really interesting! But it can be done....with a little re-training of the way you work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I always steer clients towards G-Suite rather than O365, when it's just email.

O365 does have the edge if they're also wanting the software (MS Office).
    Only £3.80+vat per month for Office 365 email only (accessed via a web browser), and you can use an existing copy of Outlook if you already own it.

I guess it's a personal thing - I've never got on with Gmail. I found I was missing emails and forgetting to reply and action emails, when I never have that issue on Outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    'Ow much????!!!??? (and I can hear dear Peter from a couple of hundred miles away!)

I've got four email addresses...believe me...it's cheaper, easier and less hassle just to train Outlook and SpamAssassin as to what's important!
    I tried using spam assassin, it worked but after a few months was blocking some genuine enquiries still. Tried g-suite and it's never blocked a genuine email and given me less than a handful of spam emails after months of use.

I was getting in the region of 60 spam emails a day so well worth it for me. What is annoying is that it doesn't mark when you've replied to their email! So I need to mark It as unread if I plan to reply at a later time!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Default Grrrr.

Well when two of my favourite suppliers decide to part company, I'm

As many of you know, I'm a Micro$haft man, through and through. I had a major wobble when they upgraded Windows Phones to W10, cos that blasted Cortana woman wouldn't let me text and drive. Been doing it for years with older Nokias/Lumias. I'm currently on an Android, but that's awful.

Just to rub salt into the wound, just in case I ever get enough spare funds to buy a W8 that's new old stock, to avoid trying an iPhone, Whatsapp have decided to withdraw support for all windows phones!!

What is it with people taking things that work perfectly, and " improving" them to the point that they're useless
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Peter, do yourself a favour and get a Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL, both currently £50 off at £349 & £419 respectively: https://store.google.com/gb/config/pixel_3a

Proper Android, great phones for the price.