Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: What should the site name / URL be?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mobile Disco Directory - mobilediscodirectory.co.uk / .uk

3 18.75%
  • Mobile Disco Forum - mobilediscoforum.co.uk / .uk

3 18.75%
  • Mobile DJ Forum - mobiledjforum.co.uk / .uk

10 62.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Aloud - Possible Forum Name Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

Or would that be confusing for visitors?
    Well just about everything Marc has posted since " Hello I'm the new boss " has ed the hell outa me!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Call it exactly what it is............MDJF (which still exists I believe).

It's a forum and not a directory so I think it needs to reflect that?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Call it exactly what it is............MDJF (which still exists I believe).
    Chris & Martin mentioned MDJF (mobiledjforums.com), but as far as I can tell that's not getting much use? I personally don't have any issue with us being mobiledjforum.co.uk. It shouldn't be plural, anyway, a bit like entertainment(s)

.forum domain names are coming (https://www.name.com/domains/forum), depending on the pricing I might try and get mobiledj.forum when they are released?

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    It's a forum and not a directory so I think it needs to reflect that?
    I tend to agree. Even if I do resurrect the directory side, I think the two should still be on different domains with links between them. It's easier to manage, more secure, and less confusing for visitors coming just for the directory (for the public looking for a DJ) or just the forum (DJs themselves). They're two different audiences.

Chris & Martin mentioned MDJF (mobiledjforums.com), but as far as I can tell that's not getting much use? I personally don't have any issue with us being mobiledjforum.co.uk. It shouldn't be plural, anyway, a bit like entertainment(s)
    That depends if you offer more than one specific type of entertainment!! Many do on here. So "entertainments" is perfectly acceptable!

Search Results
    Featured snippet from the web
    The noun entertainment can be countable or uncountable. In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be entertainment. However, in more specific contexts, the plural form can also be entertainments e.g. in reference to various types of entertainments or a collection of entertainments.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    That depends if you offer more than one specific type of entertainment!! Many do on here. So "entertainments" is perfectly acceptable!
    My apologies, I was having a bit of a Rob James moment

Default Please read, and help.

As Marc said, he's putting lots of bits back together, but much of the information in the Directory ( as opposed to the Forum ) is old and out of date. If you could all take a look at your area, and if anyone you know has had a name or more importantly email change, could you ask them to update the email ( and any other details ) in the Directory asap please?

This will be very important shortly, as Marc wants to do a mailshot. Quite probably he will expand on this, and use lots of words I don't understand.

Thank you, and your help in this matter will be appreciated.

Chapter and verse from Marc:

If they can still log in (have the same email) then all they need to do is login, go to manage their listing, edit (if they want to) and submit it. Even if unchanged, it must be submitted - this puts it into the approval queue on the admin side, so we know it's still "active".

If their email has changed, they should email [email protected] with info on the listing, some way to prove it's theirs, and a request to change the email on it. Or, simply create a new listing with their new email address - the old one will die in the purge.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 23-11-2019 at 03:21 PM.

The last (and perhaps the most important) part of the MDD Directory that was broken, - the enquiry forms on listings - are now fixed and working well.

There will be a directory redesign coming soon (probably early in the new year), along with a separation of the Directory and Forum to different domains.

I've never liked the term 'disco' it's so outdated (apologies and no offence intended to anyone who uses it in their business name). I'd be up for anything that got rid of that in the forum and directory name. Just my 2cents Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I've never liked the term 'disco' it's so outdated (apologies and no offence intended to anyone who uses it in their business name). I'd be up for anything that got rid of that in the forum and directory name. Just my 2cents Marc.
    I think you make a very good point there Shaun, never thought about it but I think it is true.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    None taken, Shaun.

Jesting, of course, but: Isn't that what we are/supply? Although I maintain that I'm an Entertainer, I do that by providing mobile discos, not juggling, or telling jokes. You may be right that it's outdated, but I can't think of a better one.