PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare problems with web-builder

Stephen_N.I.
10-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi.
I'm currently with heart internet and they have their own web-builder which I use for my site. It's a real nightmare to use but I've put up with it until now, but I can't any longer.
Can anyone recommend a good web-site builder, easy to use and affordable.
The problem with heart's one is that if you edit even the tiniest part of your site on the builder, it automatically loses all the FTP/cji/html script such as title of pages, meta tags, intergrated web-forms etc. So I need a package that will not do this.
Thanks in advance.

Penfold42
10-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi.
I'm currently with heart internet and they have their own web-builder which I use for my site. It's a real nightmare to use but I've put up with it until now, but I can't any longer.
The problem with heart's one is that if you edit even the tiniest part of your site on the builder, it automatically loses all the FTP/cji/html script such as title of pages, meta tags, intergrated web-forms etc. So I need a package that will not do this.
Thanks in advance.

I would recommend Marc J....he comes on here......:)
Not sure what he charges....you might want to PM him.:)

rob1963
10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I would recommend Marc J....he comes on here......:)

Seconded.

Marc J is the dogs!

:thumbsup:

kilmeedyman
11-12-2007, 12:07 AM
I think Stephen was referring to web page creation software.

If you don't have a lot of experience I would suggest you look at Moonfruit (www.moonfruit.com) extremely easy to use and free to try and keep or you can buy a 'non-advert' version for small change.

Some might recommend Microsoft Frontpage as a simple to use offline creator/editor. I personally hate it, but then I would :-)

rob1963
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM

Tony...looks like we should read the threads more carefully before answering!!!

:shrug:

chelsea485
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
i would suggest Adobe CS3. bit complicated at first, but a fantastic bit of software. can do everything from picture galley, to flash creation.

Penfold42
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM

Tony...looks like we should read the threads more carefully before answering!!!

:shrug:
:o maybe ..........We should call him 'Ronseal'....:)

CRAZY K
11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

If you don't have a lot of experience I would suggest you look at Moonfruit (www.moonfruit.com) extremely easy to use and free to try and keep or you can buy a 'non-advert' version for small change.

Some might recommend Microsoft Frontpage as a simple to use offline creator/editor. I personally hate it, but then I would :-)

Front Page???

Love it--any idiot can build a web site with it:D

I did several times;)

Although its not a building blocks type program--just a facility.

CRAZY K

Marc J
11-12-2007, 09:11 PM

i would suggest Adobe CS3. bit complicated at first, but a fantastic bit of software. can do everything from picture galley, to flash creation.

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 (PC) (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Systems-Inc-Dreamweaver-CS3/dp/B000O17CU6)
Price: £354.48

£350 Affordable?

I'm assuming you meant Dreamweaver CS3, as "Adobe CS3" is a range of products and packages. For web design, Dreamweaver is the minimum but for the flash creation that you mention (unless it's just flash videos) you'd have to fork out an extra £400 for Adobe CS3 Web Standard (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-CS3-Web-Standard-PC/dp/B000O17CJC) which includes Flash CS3 :eek:

Something like CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2007 (http://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/) is probably more "affordable" ($49) - haven't used it myself but it's apparently quite good. Has a free trial download as well.

Vectis
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Something like CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2007 (http://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/) is probably more "affordable" ($49) - haven't used it myself but it's apparently quite good. Has a free trial download as well.

I use that :) But I use the free one - the only thing missing is the "live preview" stuff but I hate those WYSYWYG things anyway - much prefer to tweak with the code then look at it in a browser.

Stephen_N.I.
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the help.
I'm trying a demo site on moonfruit but need to get my current provider to re-direct to it with my domain name.