PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Discs

DJ Frankie
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
To all you karaoke jocks out there, what karaoke discs do you purchase for your set up.
I have a large selection of the Essential Karaoke tracks which i inherited from my mate who gave up the buisness and had collected Essential Karaoke discs which I think sounds naff as the backing sounds really cheap.

I have since purchased some chart tracks from Easy Karaoke and the backing tracks are superb almost like for like.

So my question is are there any other CDG discs/companies out the that are on this level?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Most of mine are Sunfly and they are OK. The earlier ones sound a bit Casio keyboard of you know what I mean, but the latest are fine.

Paul James Promotions
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
I use about 90% Sunfly, with a mixture of others including Essential, Sound Choice, Mr Entertainer, SGB, Easy Karaoke, DK and a few Pro Burn disks, which I find are poor quality.

99% of Sunfly tracks are excellent quality audio.

Jays karaoke
12-12-2007, 07:29 AM
i use Sunfly, Legends,Zoom and the odd Backstage and Standing ovation thrown in

Vibrant Sounds
12-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I have the complete Sweet Georgia Brown series (68 discs) but they do have a lot of American tracks on them, plus a selection of Sunfly, Sunfly Gold, Zoom Platinum Artists (very good) Sing to the World and various others. I have recently bought the full set to date of the Mastermix Chart Karaoke Disks, Excellent quality they run from about 2004/5 to date and at the moment they are on offer at a £5 a disk (10 in total). Well worth a look for recent hits.

mb3
12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I have a lot of SGB (sweet georgia brown) and Zoom, but I recently bought the full set of Sunfly Decades... 70's, 80's & 90's... 18 discs, 270 tracks for £60 - good value and not a bad track amongst them.

I'm off to look for the Mastermix Chart Karaoke Disks - Thanks, Vibrant!

DK Karaoke
13-12-2007, 06:18 PM
To all you karaoke jocks out there, what karaoke discs do you purchase for your set up.
I have a large selection of the Essential Karaoke tracks which i inherited from my mate who gave up the buisness and had collected Essential Karaoke discs which I think sounds naff as the backing sounds really cheap.

I have since purchased some chart tracks from Easy Karaoke and the backing tracks are superb almost like for like.

So my question is are there any other CDG discs/companies out the that are on this level?

Easy are now the bees knees, and equal second with Sound Choice in my opinion to Sing to the World. StW are excellent.

I use Sound Choice, Backstage, Legend, Zoom, Mr Entertainer, STW, Easy, Pocket songs, Passion House, Sunfly, Sweet Georgia Brown (have all of them) and some rare old original footage, also the original VCD's given with the old workhorse JVC, Bright Spark - (there were only a few produced, and excellent backing, I have them all)

Ratio is
Sunfly 35%
STW 20%
Sound Choice 10%
Legend 10%
Easy 15%
Rest 10%

Sunfly dont always get it right, backing is naff, and those stupid fadeouts, you dont need them with karaoke, so now have started replacing my sunfly tracks with the other brands. Try to get them on STW, or Easy, and if I'm really lucky Sound Choice.