PDA

View Full Version : My website

Tom
24-12-2007, 12:17 AM
OK, i have plucked up the courage to ask what the members off MDD think of my website from a DJ and customer point of view.

Would only like to see constructive comments but please feel free to say anything that you think could improve my website and/or buisness

KMA Disco Link (http://www.kmadisco.co.uk)

Many thanks

discomobiledj
24-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Only a minor thing, on your Prices page under glow sticks the first couple of words say "Back my popular demand", just a slip of the finger!

On your FAQ I personally would have the questions above the answer that they go with.

rob1963
24-12-2007, 09:39 AM
OK, i have plucked up the courage to ask what the members off MDD think of my website from a DJ and customer point of view.

Would only like to see constructive comments but please feel free to say anything that you think could improve my website and/or buisness

KMA Disco Link (http://www.kmadisco.co.uk)

Many thanks

Hi Tom,

Not a bad site.

I agree that the faq page looks a bit strange, and think that each answer should be under the question it relates to.

Also, I would add a contact form to the contact page.

Finally, there are a few grammar & spelling issues, such as term & condition number 8 reading "The client will loose there booking fee" which presumably needs changing to "The client will lose their booking fee".

Hope this helps.

A1DL
24-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tom

On your home page you refer to "over 6 years experience" yet on the FAQs you refer to "8 years experience"

Although 8 years is "over 6 years", I would be inclined to use the same terminology on both pages.

Tony

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-12-2007, 11:43 AM
"Our contact number is currently out of service" does not look good or very professional IMO.

rob1963
24-12-2007, 12:53 PM
"Our contact number is currently out of service" does not look good or very professional IMO.

Agreed.

I think it might also put potential clients off, as it leaves email as the only way of contacting you...which is very restricting.

Tom
24-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your comments. Most of what you have said has been changed. Just sorting out the FAQ page

As for the contact number. My mobile stoped working and O2 would not give me a loan phone so my phone has been out of service but i have just got it back today so everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your commments. If there are anymore please let me know. :)

Danno13
24-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Discos... not Disco's!!!

And there's no apostrophe in "functions" either.

Tom
24-12-2007, 05:22 PM
changed

but im lost with "discos not disco's"

What do you mean and where???

Danno13
24-12-2007, 05:28 PM
On the services page... also "Nights" and "Events"...

Also the wording doesn't make sense.. you can cater for everything, but heres a list of what we cater for :S

You're best of saying something like "We aim to cater for everything, some of our most common events include -"

Tom
24-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I see what you mean. Ill get that changed. No offence but im not going to putnwhat you have put as i dont wish people phoneing me about wedding requests as i dont do these as i have no experiance.

Danno13
24-12-2007, 05:39 PM
OK, fair enough, but then you can't really say you cater for everything then. Not having a go, just pointing out how it might confuse people..

Tom
24-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah i understand.

stoney
24-12-2007, 09:04 PM
from the services page, the home link doesnt work.

Jack

Tom
24-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Missing link fixed ;)

colint
24-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I see what you mean. Ill get that changed. No offence but im not going to putnwhat you have put as i dont wish people phoneing me about wedding requests as i dont do these as i have no experiance.

If you don't try a wedding how are you going to get experience?
I think you should add this! weddings aint that hard really and should be well within your scope! if you don't try you won't know, have confidence! :)

rob1963
25-12-2007, 12:20 AM
im not going to put what you have put as i dont wish people phoning me about wedding requests as i dont do these as i have no experience.

Ahhh...but I hope you haven't forgotton about my offer to let you come along to one of my weddings in the new year to find out what they're all about!

:)

Tom
25-12-2007, 03:36 PM
If you don't try a wedding how are you going to get experience?
I think you should add this! weddings aint that hard really and should be well within your scope! if you don't try you won't know, have confidence! :)

I think weddings are harder sa you dont want to ruin there special day. I know its kind of like a normal disco but in my eyes if the client is paying top money for you to entertain them, then i want to to it correctly.

Ahhh...but I hope you haven't forgotton about my offer to let you come along to one of my weddings in the new year to find out what they're all about!

:)

I have not forgotten and im waiting till one comes along that is not to far from where i live so i dont have to travel to far. Plus if you need any extra gear (just in case) then let me know and i can bring anything along.

colint
25-12-2007, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=KMA Disco;183966]I think weddings are harder sa you dont want to ruin there special day. I know its kind of like a normal disco but in my eyes if the client is paying top money for you to entertain them, then i want to to it correctly.

It's all much the same thing really, you are entertaining the clients no matter what the event!
A wedding is much the same a birthday, your doing much the same thing but with a little more attention, just listen to what the bride & groom want and pay attention to their needs & requests, dress smart (I always wear a nice suit & tie) and keep the music right across the board & very comercial, don't do any of the drum & bass/r n b thing unless requested (remember your not in a club!)
back ground music for the first hour or so normaly goes down well as a lot of people in the family group may not have seen each other years & need to talk & don't go in guns (& speakers) blazing build the evening up slowly and end on a slow dance

Oh! and don't forget the bride & grooms first dance!!!!

djsmash
30-12-2007, 04:18 PM
:D i like youre site mate

If i was a client wanting a disco i would certainly give you a call

cheers

DJ_Smash
Smash Disco Services

Tom
30-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks for you comment DJ Smash. :)