PDA

View Full Version : Are my prices ok?

Tom
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
In the last 10 minutes just had a call asking about a disco.

She asked how much it will cost, i asked for how many guests as a rough guide and she said 120. So i told her that for a maximum of 120 guests the price will start from £190*

* Prices vary due to duration, location and equipment required for the function.

Do you think my prices are too steep???

Bronze Package - Up to 60 guests = from £140
Silver Package - Up to 120 guests = from £190
Gold Package - Up to 350 guests = from £240 (might change it to 300 guests)

Dragonfly
03-01-2008, 04:49 PM
short answer .... no.

for kent and im no expert id say quite the opposite.

DJWilson
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
is the prices shown due to a 5 hour period?

rob1963
03-01-2008, 05:58 PM
No, I don't think your prices are too steep.

They seem quite reasonable to me.

Stick to your guns!

:)

Penfold42
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
In the last 10 minutes just had a call asking about a disco.

She asked how much it will cost, i asked for how many guests as a rough guide and she said 120. So i told her that for a maximum of 120 guests the price will start from £190*

* Prices vary due to duration, location and equipment required for the function.

Do you think my prices are too steep???

Bronze Package - Up to 60 guests = from £140
Silver Package - Up to 120 guests = from £190
Gold Package - Up to 350 guests = from £240 (might change it to 300 guests)

short answer .... no.

for kent and im no expert id say quite the opposite.

:agree:

Hi ya Tom....

I have to agree with Batman.........no your price is low....even by 'up north prices'....

Ask yourself 2 question's........
1 = Am i happy with that price........this might be stange...but just think...if it's a lets say 6pm start...you will need to be there by 4pm.....and lets say you have a 1 hr travel (both ways).........have you taken that into account.......you need to.......:)
2 = Where do you want to be...........do you want to be flat out for little reward or do less not little for more reward...........and chose your market....(sometimes it don't work....NYE for one....but it was a good payer :) )

I think answer those questions and you are halfway to your own answer.......

Looking at what you posted .........i would have a re-think......also it's not about what other people are doing........'Joe down the road is doing it for XXX....forget that and don't try and compete with them................

You are different........that's your selling point.......
How do i know you are different..........your on here for starters........;)

Your prices are not steep...
Hope this helps........

Here end'th the Dragonfly lesson.......:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Spirits High
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Have to echo the thoughts of others, if anything they're low!

When I moved over from Belfast I had a real dilema with pricing but stuck to my guns and its starting to pay off now.

Have you seen the Kevin Costner film Field of Dreams?........"If you build it they will come" and they will so stay with it!

Tom
03-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for you comments.

The reason i ask is that im not getting any bookings at all, only getting bookings from my agent.

I think its due to the lack of advertising i have done. Im not going to ask how and where as i have asked thede question before so im going to go back in time to find the original posts and have a read through.

I feel happy with those prices. As i said its FROM so it could go for a lot more but these are the minimum i would like for a disco. I have PLI and very soon PAT to go with it so i thought that i would get more bookings as i have these but guess not.

Tom
03-01-2008, 08:14 PM
is the prices shown due to a 5 hour period?

well 4-5 hours yeah

Penfold42
03-01-2008, 08:14 PM
The reason i ask is that im not getting any bookings at all, only getting bookings from my agent.

Give it time chap.....:)
Done any networking with other DJ's...??:)

Sam
03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello Tom,
I echo the thoughts of everyone above... they are reasonable.... and maybe too low but how low you go is up to you at the end of the day.
personally I never go out for anything less than £150 and that is for quiet patches of the year... otherwise I really don't feel it is worth going out.

My benchmark is usually £250 as I don't sell 'packages'.. it really depends on other factors.

Anyway..
Hope this helps and I hope business picks up for you... I'm sure it will.. it is just a case of getting out there and getting known.. I certainly know it was slow for me when i first started too!

Tom
03-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Not yet. well only on the forum. i have seen a few dj's round my area, approached them to say high and comment on there rig and i just get abuse back. Swearing, leave me alone, do you want a request, if not then leave me alone.

Not very nice attitude at all. i would rather travel far (within limits) and help members on here.

Penfold42
03-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Not yet. well only on the forum. i have seen a few dj's round my area, approached them to say high and comment on there rig and i just get abuse back. Swearing, leave me alone, do you want a request, if not then leave me alone.
Yep i've had that Tom........it's called competion.........let them get on with it.......they can stick the heads up there own.........:D :D :D :D :D :D

i would rather travel far (within limits) and help members on here.
Shame im not nearer......:(

Sam
03-01-2008, 08:42 PM

Not very nice attitude at all. i would rather travel far (within limits) and help members on here.

I love to chat to a fellow DJ as long as they hush up when i've got to mix across or whatever..
The key to it is to compliment me ... then they can stand their all night :D
... but seriously.. I have met some really nice guys.. quite a few of them approach me because theyre also young and roadie with other guys.... so not quite so competitive but still interested in it!..
The best bit is when they come behind the rig to speak to me... and say "oh wow.. i wish i had one of those!":D

Dragonfly
03-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Yep i've had that Tom........it's called competion.........let them get on with it.......they can stick the heads up there own.........:D :D :D :D :D :D

Shame im not nearer......:(

and imo it is very much their loss . :beer1:

GrahamH
04-01-2008, 06:49 AM

Obviously never met me yet then :D :D

Penfold42
04-01-2008, 03:30 PM
and imo it is very much their loss . :beer1:

I would reply to that but Daz will tell us to get a room so i won't............:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :beer1:

Danno13
04-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Tom, have you been to any SEDA meetings? They're right on your doorstep, and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of other DJs at those!

Tom
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Tom, have you been to any SEDA meetings? They're right on your doorstep, and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of other DJs at those!

no i havent but i guess it could be a good thing to attend. meet people but im not up for the people who start looking down at me because im younger than them and may not have top notch equipment.

i dont know if its me but for osme reason i always attract/speak to these kind of people. :(

Penfold42
04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
no i havent but i guess it could be a good thing to attend. meet people but im not up for the people who start looking down at me because im younger than them and may not have top notch equipment.

Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom.......

These people are not like that.....
They are there to learn and swap ideas and meet other people who have the same interest.....not look down on you....

They are all doing what you do..........

I think a few on here are SEDA members.....!

No exsuce - get off your backside and attend dear sir......:boxer2: :D

Tom
04-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom.......

These people are not like that.....
They are there to learn and swap ideas and meet other people who have the same interest.....not look down on you....

They are all doing what you do..........

I think a few on here are SEDA members.....!

No exsuce - get off your backside and attend dear sir......:boxer2: :D

ok, ok, ok. lol.

ill have a look and get somthing sorted.

guess that there are some nice dj's out there including members of this forum aswell. :)

Penfold42
04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
ill have a look and get somthing sorted.

Good you know it makes sense.....

Then after chatting to a few DJ's.....you can then........

Back on topic.....

.......think about your prices...!!:)

*Didn't i do well .....and Daz not said a word....*
:D :D :D :D :D

coloursounds
09-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Tom I am a seda member and I can assure you of a warm welcome at any of our meetings, you will not be the youngest member either we have 15 year old dj's. If you would like to attend a meeting you are more than welcome and you will not have to sign up until you are sure it's for you. The meetings are held in the village hotel just off the M20 and are very informal, if you want to discuss furthur pm me with your phone no and I will call you.

The next meeting/show night is on 20/01/2008 where you will be able to see the pcdj team demonstrating the latest software, American DJ with their latest products, the infamous bring and buy secondhand table, glosticks uk and other guests yet to confirm.

yourdj
11-01-2008, 04:42 PM
going back to the point looking at your site you have a nice neat set up. assuming your music selection and presentation is good i recon you can charge up too £290 depending on your market and the event.

Tom
11-01-2008, 04:44 PM
i got an enquiry the other day wanting a 16th birthday party for 100-150 people. i gave them a quote for £200. i think thats ok but what do you guys & girls say???

yourdj
11-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I have been charging £180 for my first year as (although i have been djing/promoting for years) it was my first year mobile. i will be charging much more now as i am setting up an agency and upgrading gears etc. as someone else said in this post.

price yourself to what you think you are worth?

kilmeedyman
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for you comments.

I think its due to the lack of advertising i have done.

You might just be onto something there. ;)

Tom
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Tom I am a seda member and I can assure you of a warm welcome at any of our meetings, you will not be the youngest member either we have 15 year old dj's. If you would like to attend a meeting you are more than welcome and you will not have to sign up until you are sure it's for you. The meetings are held in the village hotel just off the M20 and are very informal, if you want to discuss furthur pm me with your phone no and I will call you.

The next meeting/show night is on 20/01/2008 where you will be able to see the pcdj team demonstrating the latest software, American DJ with their latest products, the infamous bring and buy secondhand table, glosticks uk and other guests yet to confirm.

this sounds intresting. is there a website/phone number where i can get more info about this or unless your able to help?

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.seda.org.uk/

Have people forgotton how to use Google!

Tom
12-01-2008, 12:20 PM
sorry. i knew the website but i wondered if they had a seperate page about this.

edit. found the page.