PDA

View Full Version : Business cards/flyers

DJWilson
06-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi,

ive only just started to really want to do gigs quite a bit but only for up to 100 people because im still getting better speakers and stuff....

so what could i put on my cards?

i know this:

G&J RoadShow
phone:.....
e-mail:......@......

but then i dont know what to say because im only wanting to do small venues/medium.

mainly kids parties at the moment to get some money for big events.

Starlight
06-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Keep it short and to the point. Obviously state your disco's name and telephone number and if you've got a website, state the URL.

Bottom line - quality not quantity ;)

Hope this helps.

Mendoza.

DJWilson
06-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Keep it short and to the point. Obviously state your disco's name and telephone number and if you've got a website, state the URL.

Bottom line - quality not quantity ;)

Hope this helps.

Mendoza.

thanks but i dont no what to sy about small/medium venues. because im starting to get better stuff

yourdj
06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Please read the rules about advertising on the forum.

Admin

KrazyKaz
06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
all the cards need to say is

name
phone
email
website(if you have one)

No need to mention venue size on the cards.
You can discuss that with clients when the calls start coming in.

djgordyp
06-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Personally I would make only the slightest hint (if any at all) about the size of venue you cater for. You can always tell the client when they contact you.
Two thoughts come to mind. Firstly, I'm only guessing here but I think the vast majority of your work will come from these small/medium venues. Secondly you might be surprised at how well your system can cope. But then again, only you can judge that. Don't forget there is always the option of hireing out a bigger sound system/more lights if you get asked to do a larger venue.

yourdj
06-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Please read the rules about advertising on the forum.Admin

Sorry, will do :rolleyes:

yourdj
06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
"You may reply to a question raised by another forum member, with a link to a third-party site with which you have no connection"

Is this ok? or do i have to blank out contact info?

Hi I'm setting up a new mobile djing business now:

Here are my flyers & business cards people will contact me or visit the website for more info > just got the website to do now :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-01-2008, 02:50 PM
"You may reply to a question raised by another forum member, with a link to a third-party site with which you have no connection"

Is this ok? or do i have to blank out contact info?

Hi I'm setting up a new mobile djing business now:

Read the rules again.

You can link to a third party site with which you have no connection. That means you cannot advertise your own business.

Penfold42
06-01-2008, 04:01 PM

name
phone
email
website(if you have one)

No need to mention venue size on the cards.
You can discuss that with clients when the calls start coming in.

:agree:
That's all you need....:)

DJWilson
06-01-2008, 04:11 PM
ok thanks because i only want small at the moment because then i can get the money for better equipment.

thanks all.

im going to put this now:

G&J RoadShow
"contact me on (area code) number. or e-mail me at ........@.... for a quote.

you think this is ok?

Penfold42
06-01-2008, 04:15 PM
ok thnaks because i only want small at the moment because then i can get the money for better equipment.

thanks all.

im going to put this now:

G&J RoadShow
"contact me on (-----) ------. or e-mail me at ........@.... for a quote.

you think this is ok?

Is that a mobile or land line???

Can you not place both on........land line and mobile.....:)
If i ring anyone i prefer to ring land line first mobile second....i also think just having a mobile is a bit naff.....IMO.......:)

DJWilson
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM

If i ring anyone i prefer to ring land line first mobile second....i also think just having a mobile is a bit naff.....IMO.......:)

the (-----) bit is the area code part

DJWilson
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi,

ive made this what do you think?

(i cant attacht it, i made it in publisher)

G&J
RoadShow

contact me by: perfect for any occasion.
phone: (01795) ------ Special offers on kids parties!
e-mail: [email protected]
mobile: 07935357706

rob1963
06-01-2008, 04:55 PM

Agreed.

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Agreed.

Me too.

Jiggles
06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Me Three

yourdj
06-01-2008, 06:00 PM
yep all you need is:

Flyers:
your logo, pics, brief description/where you operate, what you do, contact details (especially a lead to your website for more info)

Business card:
any of the above if you have the space and maybe your name.

Image is everything though to get cold leads, so maybe a graphic designer might be an option :D

DJWilson
06-01-2008, 06:08 PM
any got any business card creators? ive been trying to use publisher

yourdj
06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
microfoft is rubbish for design!!

best thing is adobe illustrator or photoshop, but the learning curve is long!

Im a graphic designer and printer and i deal with all sorts of businesses. the initial investment pays off big time! there are many online printing companies which offer templates you can fill out yourself for a cheaper option but not really bespoke. depends what you want?

At the end of the day a business survives by making as much as possible and spending as little as possible

rob1963
06-01-2008, 10:58 PM

name
phone
email
website(if you have one)

Mine also include my address and a description of my business.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Mine also include a description of my business.

What's that then? :p

Corabar Steve
07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Entertainment (without an S) :sj:

rob1963
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Entertainment (without an S) :sj:

Darren...please take note :D :D :D

What's that then? :p

:eek:

To quote from my cards "Professional Mobile Discotheques & Quiz Nights"

I think that sums it up very well...apart from the word professional!

:Laugh:

mb3
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Of course, a Business Card is a completely different animal to a Flyer.

You give a Business Card to people you meet face-to face, either while you are working, or after you have approached them to offer your services. As such, they are already interested in booking you as a DJ... they just need a phone number so they can contact you to place a booking.

It's enough to say "Dave Doubledecks - DJ. Phone 01234 567890"

A flyer, on the other hand, has to stand alone. It needs to get a potential client's ATTENTION. It needs to create INTEREST. It needs to form DESIRE. It then needs to encourage the client to ACT.

IE:

ATTENTION : A logo or photo instantly recognisable as a disco or party.

INTEREST: A headline, such as "DJ Dave Doubledecks - the best in 70's and 80's cheese"

DESIRE: Further text, such as "Make your party go with a swing! Groove on, Baby! We have ALL the hits from the Village People and Black Lace! Super sound from our new FAL speakers! Prices from only £20! Rope lights included!"

ACTION: "Phone NOW on Anytown 123 to book YOUR GROOVY PARTY!"

The flyer needs to do all this... it's got to stand on its' own.

Shaun
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Speaking of flyers, always make sure you proof read them for errors. I asked Marc to have a look over my new ones, thinking it would be no more than a formality. It's official, my grammar is absolutely terrible :d. 2008 might be the year for me to take up English night classes I think.

Penfold42
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
To quote from my cards "Professional Mobile Discotheques & Quiz Nights"

Nearly the same - "Professional and reliable Mobile Disco''...but no quiz nights as i cant be bothered to buy a new pair of shoes every two weeks.......:p

Corabar Steve
08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Nearly the same - "Professional and reliable Mobile Disco''...but no quiz nights as i cant be bothered to buy a new pair of shoes every two weeks.......:p

Or all that paper to write out the questions :sj:

JAMdisco
15-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Speaking of flyers, always make sure you proof read them for errors. I asked Marc to have a look over my new ones, thinking it would be no more than a formality. It's official, my grammar is absolutely terrible :d. 2008 might be the year for me to take up English night classes I think.

You obviously never asked him to proof read your van! :eek: :bang:

Shaun
15-01-2008, 01:09 PM
You obviously never asked him to proof read your van! :eek: :bang:

:D Shush :D