View Full Version : Why so many website hits this month?

rob1963
11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
So far this month, my website hits (unique visitors) are up by 80% compared to the average for last year.

However, I've only been getting accurate stats since last April, so I don't know whether January is always a very good month for hits generally...or whether I've just been lucky.

Can anyone enlighten me?

:shrug:

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I would have thought that it was fairly obvious Rob!!

Lots of people are looking for and booking/making enquiries for DJs this time of year. It's always been the way. Jan/Feb - quiet generally, but busy in terms of making bookings.

rob1963
11-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I would have thought that it was fairly obvious Rob!!

Lots of people are looking for and booking/making enquiries for DJs this time of year. It's always been the way. Jan/Feb - quiet generally, but busy in terms of making bookings.

Darren,

It's not fairly obvious!

I understand that lots of people are making enquiries & bookings this time of year in general, but not with ME!

I actually take as many or more bookings in March, April, June, July, September, October and November as I do in January.....even though I get a lot less website hits in those months.

Also, in February I take less bookings than in any other month.....so the mystery remains!

Corabar Steve
11-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Happens every year Rob, as Darren says....

Vectis
11-01-2008, 10:41 AM
My hits go through the roof too, but bookings remain steady, as per Rob.

I attribute this to people 'surfing' - usually people who are starting to shortlist suppliers for weddings. I have evidence of this as I track people coming to my disco website from my directory sites and vice-versa.

I guess if they like what they see, you'll be on the shortlist. Another reason in my opinion to publish prices.

I've also had a big rush of brochure requests this last 2 weeks - coinciding with the high hit count.

:beer1:

rob1963
11-01-2008, 10:47 AM

That's the point I was making.

I don't understand why the hits virtually double, but the bookings remain at similar levels as other months.

I'd expect there to be a link between the number of hits & the number of enquiries/bookings...but with me that's just not the case.

Weird!

CRAZY K
11-01-2008, 12:35 PM

I attribute this to people 'surfing' - usually people who are starting to shortlist suppliers for weddings. I have evidence of this as I track people coming to my disco website from my directory sites and vice-versa.

I guess if they like what they see, you'll be on the shortlist. Another reason in my opinion to publish prices.

I've also had a big rush of brochure requests this last 2 weeks - coinciding with the high hit count.

:beer1:

Any feedback stats on brochures Martin?

I used to offer Brochures before my web site and also a Music CD---however the take up rate was pretty poor.

regards

CRAZY K

Marc J
11-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't forget there's an ever increasing rise in non-human traffic, everyone and their dog has a bot crawling the web looking for one thing or another.

Unfortunately these little :Censored: do little more than waste:-

a) your bandwidth, and
b) your time spent time looking at stats ;)

CRAZY K
11-01-2008, 12:40 PM
So far this month, my website hits (unique visitors) are up by 80% compared to the average for last year.

However, I've only been getting accurate stats since last April, so I don't know whether January is always a very good month for hits generally...or whether I've just been lucky.

Can anyone enlighten me?

People shopping around more than ever on prices maybe?

The Intermet is now everyones main sourcing tool I would guess.

But whats of more interest is are you taking 80 per cent more CONFIRMED bookings than this time last year.

Confirmed bookings---now thats what I call interesting:D :D :D

CRAZY K

theoloyla
11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
First few days of January many people are not at work and have time and/or are bored; so web surf on maybe new computers bought in January sales.

Vectis
11-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Any feedback stats on brochures Martin?

I used to offer Brochures before my web site and also a Music CD---however the take up rate was pretty poor.

regards

CRAZY K

Not really as yet - I've only recently added brochures thanks to a few freebie offers at Vistaprint. I'd sent out the odd one until the end of the year, but so far in January about 20 - the vast majority for weddings / CPs (as I have different brochures for different events). So some folk obviously prefer printed matter.

CRAZY K
11-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Not really as yet - I've only recently added brochures thanks to a few freebie offers at Vistaprint. I'd sent out the odd one until the end of the year, but so far in January about 20 - the vast majority for weddings / CPs (as I have different brochures for different events). So some folk obviously prefer printed matter.

Martin--do you think they might be the YP type people possibly?

I find a lot of people like ordering things that are FREE--not because they want to buy the product but because they always go for freebies:eek:

Time will tell--be interested though on the take up rate etc

regards

CRAZY K

Dragonfly
11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
well 20 quotes gone off 3 confirmed bookings ...... all from previous work not a good conversion but positive that people like what they see.