PDA

View Full Version : Requesting "read" reciepts & text alerts

Spirits High
15-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Having just changed my web server (thanks Marc;) ) I now have a few more doors open to me.

Questons are:

1) Do you think its "rude/cheeky" to ask for a "read reciept" when sending out quotes from enquires?

2) Am thinking of sending out a text message when sending the email along the lines of "Thanks for your enquiry, Spirits High has emailed a quote to you". This would mainly come into use when I get 3rd party stuff through UK Disco and similar sites.

Thoughts chaps?

Vectis
15-01-2008, 09:53 AM
1. Yes. Much better to follow up a few days later by phone if you hear nothing. Or, at the foot of the message, ask for feedback even if negative 'to help improve our service' or whatever to increase the chances of getting word either way.

2. Hmmm... personally I wouldn't. I hate getting 'SPAM' even if it's semi-spam. Why not ask the question on the web form and send to those who click 'yes' but set the default action to 'no' ?

Because I have a range of packages I generally choose the most suitable for the enquiry, then offer a few words of upsell to a better one or at the bottom of the message I question whether "the quote is really over budget in which case you might want to look at option X" etc..

Marc J
15-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Personally I think email read receipts are a bit rude, I have my Outlook set to deny them every time.

But that's just my opinion :)

rob1963
15-01-2008, 11:42 AM
1. Yes. Much better to follow up a few days later by phone if you hear nothing. Or, at the foot of the message, ask for feedback even if negative 'to help improve our service' or whatever to increase the chances of getting word either way.

2. Hmmm...personally I wouldn't. I hate getting 'SPAM' even if it's semi-spam. Why not ask the question on the web form and send to those who click 'yes' but set the default action to 'no' ?

:agree: