PDA

View Full Version : Website Make Over

UltraBeat Entertainment
16-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm thinking of completly changing my website because its abit past it and looks really bad so am currently looking to redevelop my website.

I have create a single page (with no links) as a test page to see how the new layout looks and feels. below is the link to this page so i would like to here your opions. what do you think? any suggestions?

If feed back is possitive i will start making the other pages and adding links to the index.

Be gentle but be honest.

Thanks

http://www.spudsroadshow.tk

groovy-nights
16-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Nice template

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-01-2008, 01:18 PM
The picture looks more like it would lend itself to being a club DJ, rather than a mobile.

Dragonfly
16-01-2008, 01:30 PM
template is really nice like it fresh and clear...... Callum will love it :D :D :D :D

UltraBeat Entertainment
16-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll be honest yes the original items on this page did come from a template i have downloaded off the net for free (this includes the picture:o) But my idea was to use it and change it into something abit more personal when the site is complete (i.e change that DJ image for my logo)

Vectis
16-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Beat ya...

www.clubvibe.co.uk

But I won't complain if you use the same one as mine's just an aside! ;)

UltraBeat Entertainment
16-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Nicely done. with really good photos. nice setup you got there.
But why do all your links take you to a different website?

Vectis
16-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Because my business is VectisVibe and my special rig for kids parties is called ClubVibe which has its own identity.

Plan is to have a set of ClubVibe branded pages but for now they just click through to the main site.

UltraBeat Entertainment
16-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Please Note link changed and changes made

www.spudsroadshow.tk

DJ Frankie
16-01-2008, 03:17 PM
My works PC has denied access to your site, below is the message I recieve.

Access to this web page (http://geocities.com/spudsroadshow) is blocked, as it is considered that the contents of the page would be a breach of ***** security policy. The page has been categorised as Personal Pages

It may be worth looking into this as there are many clients who surf the net at work looking to book discos and this could lose you bookings.....

groovy-nights
16-01-2008, 03:26 PM
drop the .tk and get a co.uk or .net.As frankie says could be lose bookings as .tk do get banned by company servers

Vectis
16-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Probably not so much the .tk as the inclusion of 'geocities' in the domain name.

1stdance.co.uk
16-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Just a note about domain names, the .tk protocol is not ideal for search results in the UK. Always worth trying to use a .co.uk or .com at least a top level domain. Cheers and good luck.

Jiggles
16-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Right whos leaked out where i got mine :D