PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Castles as an add on??

GM-Entertainments
19-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

Been thinking of buying a bouncy castle as an add on for kids disco's etc...what do you think? Probably looking to spend about £800 to begin with, anyone already doing this?

You thoughts please, I was thinking of offering it then just contacting another local bouncy castle business and get them to deliver...saves me spending £800...might add a few quid to the price though or take some kind of comission...see how it goes for the first 12 months, then but one if the need is there...

Danno13
19-01-2008, 03:12 PM
You're best off going with the second option to start with. Find another company doing it and sub-contract the work. You'll have to find one that doesnt have their logo/name etc. on the castle though.

If you're getting enough demand for it, then buy your own, but i've heard they can be a nightmare with all the cleaning etc. Probably need 2-3 of you to transport and set it up too so thats more money to pay out for each job.

CRAZY K
19-01-2008, 03:56 PM
You're best off going with the second option to start with. Find another company doing it and sub-contract the work. You'll have to find one that doesnt have their logo/name etc. on the castle though.

If you're getting enough demand for it, then buy your own, but i've heard they can be a nightmare with all the cleaning etc. Probably need 2-3 of you to transport and set it up too so thats more money to pay out for each job.

HERES AN INTERESTING STORY--

Rodeo Bull Company I know offer Bouncy castles.

Did a job for the armed forces--drunks involved--eventually after telling them it was all over and deflating the castle some drunken numpty jumped on it and broke his neck--now claiming against the Bouncy Castle owner--:eek:

CRAZY K

djsteve10
19-01-2008, 03:56 PM

Agree with Danno, Plus it is seasonal work too dont think many people want a bouncy castle outside in the winter,

Danno13
19-01-2008, 04:01 PM
That was another thing I forgot, bouncy castle companies really need to have huge PLI policies! One I looked at hiring whilst at uni, had in excess of 100million!

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-01-2008, 06:05 PM
That was another thing I forgot, bouncy castle companies really need to have huge PLI policies! One I looked at hiring whilst at uni, had in excess of 100million!

I had a collegue who was being sued as two people went down an inflatable slide at the same time and one got injured.

Apparantly the supervisor should have told them one at a time....

Look very carefully at PLI if you are considering this.

ross@rds
19-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Sub contract a local company first see if there is a demand for disco + castle is so buy your own they dont come cheap mind you and PLI is a MUST and you will need 2 or 3 of you to set up wtc and someone will have to supervise it all the time.

Spirits High
20-01-2008, 09:40 AM

Sub contract a local company first see if there is a demand for disco + castle is so buy your own they dont come cheap mind you and PLI is a MUST and you will need 2 or 3 of you to set up wtc and someone will have to supervise it all the time.

Is there an echo in here? :D :D :D

flatliners
20-01-2008, 02:07 PM
a friend of mine does them but you need to be insured up to the hilt bit i think might cost more than 800 for a good one

BeerFunk
20-01-2008, 02:35 PM
I think in this case you would be better to have a close working relationship with a company that already supplies them.

ross@rds
20-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Is there an echo in here? :D :D :D

Yes :approve:

addoaddo
23-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Be careful of sub-contraction work, if there is an accident the claimant will first claim against you, you as the organiser will then have to claim against the company that supplied the castle.

A court may view that as you are at the venue you are the operator in charge of the castle!

rob1963
24-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Plus it is seasonal work too dont think many people want a bouncy castle outside in the winter,

What about inside?

kdrsoundandlight
24-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi i do discos and bouncy castles my smallest bouncy castle fits in to a small village hall i do a package where you get the mobile disco for x amount of pounds and for a extra ££ you get the bouncy castle, i have a roadie next to the bouncy castle all night to supervise the childen, also make sure you have crash mats, if you want anymore advice get in touch