PDA

View Full Version : My first wedding fair!

yourdj
29-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi did my first wedding fair on sunday :D

Bit of a rush as i only had one day notice. Got the banner done and promo stuff in time though. Not too busy but 95% seemed very interested! Feel free to criticize or give tips for the next one ;)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x118/bogfrog_photos/elmers-court-2.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x118/bogfrog_photos/elmers-court-1.jpg

Vectis
29-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Could've velcroed the cables :D

I'd have come over and had a look... maybe only addition would have been a bigger display on the laptop - presume it was showing a static copy of the website or some kind of rolling presentation? ... but then with such short notice I think it looks great! :)

Corabar Steve
29-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Very smart, I'd certainly consider further investigation of your services

yourdj
29-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks :) I had one booking for it today so hopefully some more will follow :D
Even though the bloke who organized it was crap and it was not that busy it was definitely worth £75.

I think the pop up stands are the way forward in future. Much easier etc.

I did the screen saver about 10 mins before people arrived! it was really to display the 10 month advance 10% off booking discount. Which was a good thing to point at whilst closing the presentations. I also decided to play music half way though it at a lowish volume.

I think i will have videos of different gigs all eited together next time on a bigger screen + give out copies in the packs to view at home. That way people can see what I'm like. Do you know of anything else like that around the New Forest / Southampton area?

daz226
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
where and how much was your bannor please

discomobiledj
11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I looked at booking a space at my local one, this is what they sent back for prices!

A 2m x 1m stand is £716 + vat
A 2m x 2m stand is £913 + vat
A 3m x 2m stand is £1100 + vat

What a joke!

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM
I looked at booking a space at my local one, this is what they sent back for prices!

What a joke!

That is expensive, but then how many people do they get through the door and what kind of exposure do they get?

discomobiledj
11-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I went to one in January, the room was approximately 50ft x 60ft and there was about 150 people in there! As soon as you walked in you was pounced upon by the reps with about 6 ft between the stands and exhibitions there.

It was very poorly laid out.

rob1963
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM

What a joke!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

They're having a laugh!

Wedding fayres in my neck of the woods (Surrey / South-West London) charge about half those rates!

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

They're having a laugh!

Wedding fayres in my neck of the woods (Surrey / South-West London) charge about half those rates!

As I said though, you have to know how big these fayres are and how many people they are going to get throught the door.

rob1963
12-02-2008, 08:54 AM
As I said though, you have to know how big these fayres are and how many people they are going to get throught the door.

That's a good point, Darren.

When I used to help a friend with wedding fayres, the turnout at each one varied massively.

There were some where nearly 1,000 people attended.

However, I also remember one which probably hadn't been advertised properly...as hardly anyone turned up, and I remember most stallholders packed up & went home within the first couple of hours...including us.

It was an even bigger waste of time than fixing an ashtray to a motorbike!

Corabar Steve
12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
It was an even bigger waste of time than fixing an ashtray to a motorbike!

Unless it's one of these :sj: http://www.scheepvaartmuseum.nl/images/private/WS%20209%20Mc018.jpg

rob1963
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Unless it's one of these :sj: http://www.scheepvaartmuseum.nl/images/private/WS%20209%20Mc018.jpg

Indeed!

Is that what you have on your trike, Steve?

Corabar Steve
12-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Something like that.

Anyway.....

Wedding Fayres.........

rob1963
12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Something like that.

Anyway.....

Wedding Fayres.........

My friend used to get at least 10 bookings from each one, so they were worthwhile for the money.

However, as time went on, he was getting less work from each one.

When bookings from each fayre dropped to only a few, it was no longer financially viable, so he stopped doing them. That was about 5 years ago now.

I don't miss them. I never liked getting up early on a Sunday morning, standing up all day & missing my Sunday roast!

Tom
12-02-2008, 06:33 PM
From looking at you pictures im impressed. Clean layout and well presented. If i was a client i would be impressed.

yourdj
17-02-2008, 01:49 PM
From looking at you pictures im impressed. Clean layout and well presented. If i was a client i would be impressed.

Thanks very much :) I did another one at the rose bowl cricket ground the other day and it was much busier !! already got about 5 deposits paid so money worth it. Im using my moving head lights, back lighting and some low level music now so looks a bit better now too.

Apparently from the feedback of the visitors there are no dj's in any of the fairs in our area, so it seems that i have an advantage of some sorts.

I really like them as you are selling yourself and the customers know who and what they are going to get.

CRAZY K
17-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks very much :) I did another one at the rose bowl cricket ground the other day and it was much busier !! already got about 5 deposits paid so money worth it. Im using my moving head lights, back lighting and some low level music now so looks a bit better now too.

Apparently from the feedback of the visitors there are no dj's in any of the fairs in our area, so it seems that i have an advantage of some sorts.

I really like them as you are selling yourself and the customers know who and what they are going to get.

Hampshire--I love Hampshire--loads of Country Music fans and now--theres not many Discos promoting themselves a lot either:D

Time for you and VV to clean up:D :D :D

I have just taken another Wild West gig--in Hampshire --yee haw :D

Have to get some yee-haws on vid for Darren:D :D :D

CRAZY K