PDA

View Full Version : Best karaoke player

MATT08
03-02-2008, 02:33 PM
well first off hi to all,

warning ! just bought the bluelaser DVG-888U and first time using it plays cdg discs perfectly, but for the added excitement of karaoke played one of my new dvd karaoke and disappointed to say the least, during playback it kept givin split second pauses here and there, not good at all when gigging, so i thought maybe its the dvd, opened a new one and the same thing happened again, so i thought it may be condensation on the dvd laser and got a hair dryer to the machine it seemed to have worked, but later that night it started doing it again, so it seems to have a mind of it`s own, can`t rely on it at all, also key change facility
is rubbish, sound goes really weird,also sound not great out of it, so be warned, not an expensive machine i know but shop i bought it from really praises it, wont bother returning it not worthed, but recently i have read that a good value for money machine is the
vocopro DVG-888K and am thinking of getting it anyone know of this machines history, any reviews greatly appreciated

MATT.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you could say hello in the newbies section?

Kernow
04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum
I use my Blue Laser on a regular basis and have no problem with any discs, including DVD.
Mine is connected (usually) through a 19" LCD monitor but works equally well with TV's of various types
Suggest trying variations in the Video Setup feature.

Rob #2 :beer1:

Penfold42
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Hello and :welcome1:.....

Enjoy your stay....:)

Perhaps you could say hello in the newbies section?

He is in the Newbie section....or did someone move it......:o :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Hello and :welcome1:.....

Enjoy your stay....:)

He is in the Newbie section....or did someone move it......:o :)

Might have been me being a dullard...:o

Corabar Steve
04-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Somebody moved it (No it wasn't me)

Edit: Back where it should be now, as it is a Karaoke question & not really an introduction thread.

MATT08
04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
You know i rang the company and told me to try a lens cleaner , should not have to as it`s brand new , but it worked, for the last 4 hours, still hate the key change facility on it music goes weird, i had to order a key changer an extra 200 euro not here yet but i`m told it will change key smoothly i`ll let you know

MATT08
05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
hi again, bought a cd lens cleaner and popped it in first thing this morning and no problem since, but still i would be a little nervous at a gig hoping and praying the split second pauses wont happen, as i say thought the key change facility
is not great at all, i am waiting for a delivery of another player voco pro 888k
got a scart adaptor today i have a pc monitor off the blue laser but one of my tvs ends up with a black and white picture any ideas why this is happening
from the csart of the player 1 scart lead to tv 1 which has the adaptor connected to it the tv is full colour 2nd scart lead from the box to tv 2 and that ends up black and white even though the tv is a colour one , can anyone help help ?
thanks .

Have a disco
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Hate to say this but you buy cheap thats what you get??? The industry standard is RSQ Neo G 500 Now plays all formats including bootleg versions of discs, not that I approve of them but hey if you pick them discs up in good faith at car boot sales what can you do

MATT08
20-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok Guys Just Bought The Voco Pro Dvg 888k And It Rocks Excellent Player, I Have The Voco Pro Dkc-100 Pro Digital Key Changer For Sale If Anyone Wants One

DK Karaoke
29-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Hate to say this but you buy cheap thats what you get??? The industry standard is RSQ Neo G 500 Now plays all formats including bootleg versions of discs, not that I approve of them but hey if you pick them discs up in good faith at car boot sales what can you do

Wouldn't touch the RSQ with a barge pole. Did it once but sent it back. Rubbish, and its not a replacement for the JVC. Still looking for a decent player, but the nearest so far is the Vocopro 888 and the Ultimate player (Soundchoice player) the later one has an excellent line level output, no need to increase the gain.

Once thing they all seem to have in common is none of them can change the key properly. I think you need to invest big money for this and dont know where you can get a machine that does it, or where to get it.

davidcormack
08-03-2008, 10:52 AM
i prefer using my laptop its so much easier and there is no stress trying to find a track.