PDA

View Full Version : My Website

chelsea485
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I have designed my website from scratch myself. I would appreciate your commments please, good and bad ? where it can be improved etc.

www.marksboogienights.co.uk

Paul James Promotions
03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Looks ok, nice and simple. Check your spelling of 'corporate' though.

Danno13
03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
And "enquiries"..

and.. "Seasoned Events" is that ones with salt and pepper? Shouldn't it be "Seasonal events"???

You also need to re-size your images so the files are smaller and load in a reasonable amount of time.

Jiggles
03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I see you used my animated MDA logo :D

chelsea485
03-02-2008, 08:28 PM
yep, it said that it was free to use ? is that okay ?:confused:

Shaun
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
yep, it said that it was free to use ? is that okay ?:confused:

Indeed it is free to use. I think Callum was just pleasantly surprised that you used the logo he animated. :approve:

Jiggles
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Shaun has hit the nail on the head :D

chelsea485
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
oh i see, it's cool. i like it :claphands:

Jiggles
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
There's far too much emphasis on 'large show and small show' and hardly anything about you, your company and the sort of service you can provide.

rob1963
03-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I have designed my website from scratch myself. I would appreciate your commments please, good and bad ? where it can be improved etc.

www.marksboogienights.co.uk

Hi Chelsea,

I noticed a few things.

On the home page, the information is extremely brief & doesn't say very much. I think it needs expanding on. There are also spelling errors with the words excellents and coorperate.

The videos on the video page are not brilliant quality...and the sound quality on the small show is abysmal. I think they could both do with having a decent quality music track dubbed over them at least.

The booking form could do with a bit of a re-work, as I don't think it's brilliant at the moment, and is confusing in places.

Your contact details are all over the place. The top of the home page has an email link for enquiries and another for bookings, then there is an enquiry form on it's own webpage, and there's a separate contact page with the address, phone numbers and email link for bookings. Surely the query form & contact information would be better if it was all on the same page?

Finally, I'm not sure about your colour scheme. I used to have something extremely similar (white writing on a blue background) which I changed after a number of people on this forum completely slated it.

Hope this helps.

:)

Marc J
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
...You also need to re-size your images so the files are smaller and load in a reasonable amount of time.

Definitely, don't resize your images with the HTML code as: -

a) The file size remains the same (large)
b) Browsers don't resize images well (sometimes jaggy edges)

Better to resize the thumbnails using a graphics package and link to the higher resolution images.

The booking form could do with a bit of a re-work, as I don't think it's brilliant at the moment, and is confusing in places.

I didn't even look at the booking form as it's a word doc, I think you'll find that a lot of people won't open it, as security-wise it's not a good idea to open office documents from "untrusted" sources. Convert it to a PDF for wider compatabilty and safer distribution (there are plenty free PDF converters).

Finally, I'm not sure about your colour scheme. I used to have something extremely similar (white writing on a blue background) which I changed after a number of people on this forum completely slated it.

I don't like the colour scheme either, there isn't enough contrast between the text and the background.

Finally, your navigation relies 100% on flash, which is never a good idea.