PDA

View Full Version : Plagiarism!

sparc
13-02-2008, 10:25 PM
There is a chap who has copied my tips page word for word on his site, I have sent him a polite email asking for the offending material to be reworded in his own words, or removed, but heard nothing yet. What do you guys think I should do after 7 days have elapsed?

Strangely enough I suspect he's here as well as he has an mdd banner on his frontpage.

Danno13
13-02-2008, 10:32 PM
It looks like its just a link to the directory, so not necessarily a forum member :)

sparc
13-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Fair point Danno, *if* he is here, I would like him to pay attention though!;)

Corabar Steve
13-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Send the boys round Brian.

Email again with a read receipt request, then at least you'll knowif it was received.

Then contact his ISP

Tom
13-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I can see why he did copy it. Your website does look really good. I know its wrong to do so though.

Hope you get this sorted asap.

spin mobile disco
13-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Cant see the link so can't comment im afraid but you could try trading standards as well.

scoopd
14-02-2008, 09:34 AM
I've noticed it on quite a few disco websites that the odd obvious item is copied

Vectis
14-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I've noticed it on quite a few disco websites that the odd obvious item is copied

Yep - I've noticed certain bits of my phraseology repeated elsewhere on occasion.

Imitation is the best form of flattery I say.

Also I do like to hack my site around quite regularly in a process of (hopefully!) continual improvement.

Vectis
12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
It's been a while, so I'll say it again:

Imitation is the best form of flattery

There we are; I feel a bit better now :bang:

Corabar Entertainment
13-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Come on Martin...... DISH IT! :lol:

Corabar Steve
13-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Bring out your dead

yourdj
13-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Bring out your dead

http://community.oclc.org/hecticpace/img/bring-out-your-dead.jpg

Thats a good site and one i would definitely use for inspiration is i was starting out. Loving the pictures and mole logo.

No excuse for copying although it is flattering if people "borrow" your style?

I still have to amend a part of my site that was "borrowed" from another so i cant talk. ;)

Vectis
13-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Nah ... he's done the decent thing after being threatened so I'll leave it for now.

Just a tip to the wise - don't come on MDD asking for comments on your website when you've ripped half of it off of another (quite senior) member without permission :muppet:

Corabar Steve
13-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Nah ... he's done the decent thing after being threatened so I'll leave it for now.

Just a tip to the wise - don't come on MDD asking for comments on your website when you've ripped half of it off of another (quite senior) member without permission :muppet:Especially if you haven't read the forum rules (like you're supposed to before you post anything)

25. Member ‘Code of Conduct.
Any member found to be in breach or our ‘codes of conduct’ below, may be sanctioned, removed from the forum and directory.

a) Plagiarism
b) Theft of any pictures that are posted in the Gallery section of this forum.[/b]
c) Operating illegally
d) Letting down customers by failing to show :bang:

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-09-2010, 12:35 PM

Just a tip to the wise - don't come on MDD asking for comments on your website when you've ripped half of it off of another (quite senior) member without permission :muppet:

It seems an awful shame, especially when the member had asked the senior member for help in learning the industry and going out on bookings with him....:(

rob1963
13-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Yep - I've noticed certain bits of my phraseology repeated elsewhere on occasion.

Imitation is the best form of flattery I say.

Although it's flattering that people want to copy website content, it's also annoying.

I'm not going into any details, but a number of other discos have copied text from my own terms & conditions and FAQs without asking, including a few members of this forum.

:mad:

DazzyD
13-09-2010, 01:12 PM
It seems an awful shame, especially when the member had asked the senior member for help in learning the industry and going out on bookings with him....:(

:eek: