PDA

View Full Version : Stage Stand for LCD TV

KaraokeCary
20-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good stage stand for an LCD TV please.

Needs to stand in front of the singers for veiwing the lyrics.

As it's going to be used in pubs and clubs it need to be something pretty rebust, and am having trouble tracking one down.

UltraBeat Entertainment
20-02-2008, 03:18 PM
What size TV are you using?
Has it got a mounting bracket on the back of the TV?

DJ Frankie
20-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I use these http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=ST01122 they are perfect for karaoke. It also comes with drinks and mic holders.

mb3
20-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I use these http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=ST01122 they are perfect for karaoke. It also comes with drinks and mic holders.

I use the same stand. Very well designed, neat and robust.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I've got one of those too.....somewhere..

Adam_F
20-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I use one of those too (well the Prolight / Rhino one)

KaraokeCary
21-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys, that was a big help.

Haven't actually bought an LCD monitor yet, but now that I know where to get a stand from, I'll be replacing my chunky old TV/Monitor very soon.

mb3
22-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Tesco do some cheap LCD t.v.s, I use the 15" with built-in DVD player... about £150 if I remember right...

I have a DVD from "cookies" that I play before things get started... it just has scenery and titles like "have fun - sing karaoke" and "get your request slip now"... it's better than just a blank screen.

KaraokeCary
22-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi MB3,
That cookies DVD sounds like a good idea.
Where can I get one of those from? Dare I ask if a "copy" would be possible?Don't want to infringe any copyrights if I can help it though.

UltraBeat Entertainment
22-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi MB3,
Where can I get one of those from? Dare I ask if a "copy" would be possible?Don't want to infringe any copyrights if I can help it though.

Why don't you create your own??? It's simple enough, free, and you can include your own details, logo's, name, backgrounds etc.

I done this a while back and it worked really well. It's great when no one is singing you can advertise yourself:D.

mb3
22-02-2008, 11:51 AM
It came free with a few CDG discs... you could ring them and ask for one... they sell the same TV stand, maybe if you buy the stand they might be persuaded to give you the disc....

01782 812747

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi MB3,

Don't ask for copies then...:rolleyes:

KaraokeCary
24-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Did say "If I can help it" I actually live in the real world not some blinkered view of it.
Solitaire Entertainments! neither of your replies are very constructive or helpful. I joined this forum to get help, advice and to get pointed in the right direction if I'm doing something wrong, and maybe help others if possible, your stupid little remarks are a waste of space, annoying to read and are helpful to nobody.
Post a sarcastic reply to this by all means, then go and annoy someone else. Or better still, try actually answering some of the questions on the forum. This isn't a chat room for teenagers.

Royalblue
24-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Did say "If I can help it" I actually live in the real world not some blinkered view of it.
Solitaire Entertainments! neither of your replies are very constructive or helpful. I joined this forum to get help, advice and to get pointed in the right direction if I'm doing something wrong, and maybe help others if possible, your stupid little remarks are a waste of space, annoying to read and are helpful to nobody.
Post a sarcastic reply to this by all means, then go and annoy someone else. Or better still, try actually answering some of the questions on the forum. This isn't a chat room for teenagers.

To be fair to Darren, how do you expect to get a copy without infringing copyright?

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-02-2008, 09:19 PM

There was absolutely no need for this comment. Do not speak to me like I am some kind of child. You cannot make a copy without paying the royalties.

That was the point I was making.

We started this forum to give people addvice which is what we have done for years and I certainly don't need some jumped up idiot coming on here telling me what I should be doing on my own forum.

To be fair to Darren, how do you expect to get a copy without infringing copyright?

By paying royalties.

Royalblue
24-02-2008, 09:24 PM
By paying royalties.

Absolutely. Don't think he wants to though.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Absolutely. Don't think he wants to though.

Fine, well don't put a post on my forum saying that then. I don't want to be advocating illegal activity.

KaraokeCary
24-02-2008, 10:01 PM
There's plenty of stuff in the public domain that isn't copyrighted and individuals are able to create video displays themselves using software like "Karaoke Builder" or "Karaoke Builder Studio". I for one would be happy to let someone have a copy of something I'd produced to display to the audience between songs or before a gig started.
I'm well aware that copied disks are illegal and I have no intention of having all my gear confiscated because I have a single pirated disc in my collection, so I've made sure I don't have any. Please don't assume that I am an idiot either.
As for advocating something illegal, DJing and Karaoke DJing using a laptop is currently illegal as far as I am aware, yet there are numerous postings and threads with helpful advice on that subject.
I'm not going to go on. I'm here to learn from others experience if I can.
To Da Boss (Solitaire Entertainment) I was bang out of line earlier, please accept my apologies. You were right to reply as you did and your forum does produce a lot of really useful advice and tips for newbies like me and I'm grateful that you set it up. Sorry.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-02-2008, 10:17 PM
There's plenty of stuff in the public domain that isn't copyrighted and individuals are able to create video displays themselves using software like "Karaoke Builder" or "Karaoke Builder Studio". I for one would be happy to let someone have a copy of something I'd produced to display to the audience between songs or before a gig started..

Fair enough, I didn't consider the non copyrighted material.

I'm well aware that copied disks are illegal and I have no intention of having all my gear confiscated because I have a single pirated disc in my collection, so I've made sure I don't have any. Please don't assume that I am an idiot either

Apologies for that remark, but your post was rather rude.

As for advocating something illegal, DJing and Karaoke DJing using a laptop is currently illegal as far as I am aware yet there are numerous postings and threads with helpful advice on that subject....

Not illegal in all circumstances. If you are Djing at a private event with all legal downloads, that is perfectly acceptable and legal. The licences will be sorted out very soon, so everyone will have the chance to be a legal operator.

I'm not going to go on. I'm here to learn from others experience if I can.
To Da Boss (Solitaire Entertainment) I was bang out of line earlier, please accept my apologies. You were right to reply as you did and your forum does produce a lot of really useful advice and tips for newbies like me and I'm grateful that you set it up. Sorry.

No problem and apologies for maybe over reacting a bit.:)

Onwards and upwards. :beer1:

Royalblue
25-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Fine, well don't put a post on my forum saying that then. I don't want to be advocating illegal activity.

I'm sorry? Exactly how am I advocating illegal activity?

mb3
25-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Ding Ding
:Stop:

End of Round One -

Back to your corners, please........

:argue: :argue:

Corabar Steve
25-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry? Exactly how am I advocating illegal activity?

Something to do with copying discs & royalties?

Royalblue
25-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Something to do with copying discs & royalties?

I seem to remember saying you can't get copies without infringing copyright. That seems to be the opposite of advocating illegal copying. That's certainly what I was implying anyway.

Corabar Steve
25-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Looks like a case of misinterpretation then

Royalblue
25-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Looks like a case of misinterpretation then

Fair enough

DK Karaoke
01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Not sure whats going on here, but it seems to me, that all this licensing stuff is in such a mess that it gets people arguing over symantics. Its about time all this was sorted out, and the licensing authorities came up to date, with technology.

You can now download karaoke and burn to disc and play in public. Also I personally have rights to several American artists tracks, where if I wanted I could play them in public in any format I want, or re-produce them for karaoke.

Cant wait for the authorities to change with the times and get their act together.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Not sure whats going on here, but it seems to me, that all this licensing stuff is in such a mess that it gets people arguing over symantics. Its about time all this was sorted out, and the licensing authorities came up to date, with technology.

It's not in a mess and will be sorted very soon.

HaiFai
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Back to Karaoke Cary's request about lcd stands ,I can't help on the stand bit as I'm looking also for a decent robust stand for a lcd monitor,But if you havn't purchased a Monitor yet I just purchased from http://www.aria.co.uk/ I paid just under £110 including delivery for a Yukura 19in widescreen monitor done 5 functions so far with it with no problems .

KaraokeCary
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks HaiFai, that's really helpfull. I will probably have to rely on humping all my gear around on my own fairly soon, my son who normally helps me is off to Uni later this year, so anything that will lighten the load or use up less space is going to be very welcome. I'm going to pursue the laptop side I think, despite the mamoth task of tranferring disc content onto a hard drive.

Now if only someone can come up with a Hotel Yorba backing track!!!!