PDA

View Full Version : Website opinions

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Not completely finished yet - need better photos, and 2 of my other sites which you can link to not done yet.

Anyway any feedback appreciated, as I say I know about the photo's etc but wonder what you think about the rest so far. Will hopefully get time to finish in couple of weeks.

www.ppentertainments.co.uk

Cheers in advance

ps the uk2net things will go once I am finished and pay for hosting

wensleydale
16-03-2008, 10:26 AM
doesnt work for me- just says loading all the time

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Have had that comment before. Am using free web hosting from uk2net which seems to block some people for some reason. Will look at other hosting.

wensleydale
16-03-2008, 10:32 AM
i can see that be a major issue if you want to get any business from it....

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 10:59 AM
very major - am quite new to all this website stuff. Am looking round for hosting packages and just using freebie whilst playing around.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Why on earth do people put "Will you turn up?" in their FAQ?

rob1963
16-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi PP Entertainments,

The sooner you get off that free hosting site, complete with annoying pop-up the better.

Apart from that there were a couple of things I noticed immediately.

Quote: Has anyone told you a horror story about the mobile disco at a party they attended, or know of a mobile DJ who'd let them or their friends down?

I personally don't like negative stuff like this, and think it's better to talk about the good service YOU give, rather than mention the nightmare service they or their friends may have had from OTHER discos in the past.

Also, I know your mobile number is in your heading, but you don't have a contact page. I think you should add one which includes at least an email link, contact form, mobile number and maybe a landline too.

Hope this helps.

:)

rob1963
16-03-2008, 11:33 AM

I don't...and I have more FAQs than most people!

:D :D :D

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 11:36 AM

Because it is a major worry for people and it does happen A LOT. I know no-one is hardly going to put on their website - no we will not turn up, but I decided to add this to help reassure.

After looking at the question and reading your post I do think however that I need to give more reassurances ie back up dj, never overbooking etc

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi PP Entertainments,

The sooner you get off that free hosting site, complete with annoying pop-up the better.

Quote: Has anyone told you a horror story about the mobile disco at a party they attended, or know of a mobile DJ who'd let them or their friends down?

I personally don't like negative stuff like this, and think it's better to talk about the good service YOU give, rather than mention the nightmare service they or their friends may have had from OTHER discos in the past.

Also, I know your mobile number is in your heading, but you don't have a contact page. I think you should add one which includes at least an email link, contact form, mobile number and maybe a landline too.

Hope this helps.

:)

Thanks rob - contacts page on my agenda at moment.
The negative stuff was something I have been thinking about and will probably change. The first page description was something I cobbled together in a couple of minutes so will give more attention.

Web hosting should be sorted by next weekend - hopefully

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Because it is a major worry for people and it does happen A LOT. I know no-one is hardly going to put on their website - no we will not turn up, but I decided to add this to help reassure.

I personally think it has the opposite effect and it wouldn't enter into a prospective clients head until they read that!

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I personally think it has the opposite effect and it wouldn't enter into a prospective clients head until they read that!

Fair comment - will think it over.
Suppose, as I said before, I put it in because it does happen and I know I for one seem to have to justify my prices because there is a lot of competition with, shall we say, less reliable / professional dj's. Only a couple of months ago I done a gig for a wedding where she laughed at me when I first quoted. However her £75 disco let her down 3 days before the wedding as he received 'a better offer'. My quote suddenly became realistic !;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2008, 12:12 PM
I think you have to look past the fact that we are a part time industry that doesn't have a great reputation with Joe public.

Sell on your good points and not negativity.

Dragonfly
16-03-2008, 12:12 PM

After looking at the question and reading your post I do think however that I need to give more reassurances ie back up dj, never overbooking etc

If I was to put something like this on my site I think I would word it something like "what happens if for any reason we cannot make it to your function"

then go on to outline if you have a spare dj cover etc and that you are a professional and have never had to cancel a gig or not turned up etc .... as in my mind you can never say never.

as i said that is if i felt the need to raise this.

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I think you have to look past the fact that we are a part time industry that doesn't have a great reputation with Joe public.

AGREE - will look to change those negative points on the site. Guess when writing the site FAQ had a bee in my bonnet, which often happens, about 'less reputable' companies. I only wish we could get the recognition we deserve.

Rant over

Jiggles
16-03-2008, 12:18 PM
The sparkly bits at the side would drive me crazy if was to look at the site for while.

Shaun
16-03-2008, 12:19 PM

Check out Marc J for webhosting....he's listed HERE (http://www.djbids.co.uk/auctiondetails.php?itemname=Website-Hosting&id=377) on DJ Bids. You'll find he comes highly recommended by a lot of the members here (myself included).

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2008, 12:20 PM
AGREE - will look to change those negative points on the site. Guess when writing the site FAQ had a bee in my bonnet, which often happens, about 'less reputable' companies. I only wish we could get the recognition we deserve.

Rant over

Something along the lines of what Dave has said is a good idea. Backup and cover will reassure the client.

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Check out Marc J for webhosting....he's listed HERE (http://www.djbids.co.uk/auctiondetails.php?itemname=Website-Hosting&id=377) on DJ Bids. You'll find he comes highly recommended by a lot of the members here (myself included).

That's who am going to use. Waiting for pay day as will need 4 sites doing.

Sparkly bits at the side were used so the site is central on the page no matter what size screen you use. Don't know if I like them or not.

Marc J
16-03-2008, 02:04 PM
That's who am going to use. Waiting for pay day as will need 4 sites doing.

That's good to hear :)

Just PM me if you want to discuss it in more detail, if you have more than one site needing hosted then I'll discount you, also I am currently offering free additions if you pay for hosting annually in advance (choose from auto-responder contact form, image gallery, database driven FAQ, availability checker). For annual payments there's also 30 days credit on the invoice, so no need to wait until pay day, and I can usually set you up instantly with the only delay being the DNS propagation for your domain (normally within 24 hours) ;)

Re your site, I'm surprised no-one's picked up on the apostrophes in the navigation buttons - disco's and FAQ's shouldn't have them.

Generally not too bad a site, though. I agree with the sparkly background, just a solid black would be better, I think.

Obviously once you move from uk2 you'll have to pay attention to the meta tags in your pages, i.e. relevant page titles, descriptions, keywords etc.

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks marc. Will be in touch soon.
Never noticed the apostrophes. Suprised at the sparkly background, I quite like it, but hey, its what everyone else thinks that matters. If 2 people have commented on it then my opinion is it will go as customers must think the same.

Thanks again

rob1963
16-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Because it is a major worry for people and it does happen A LOT.

I agree with Darren.

It's a bit like if you saw a website that sold boxes of pencils, and they had an FAQ page including the question "If I order a box of pencils, will you send them to me?" Answer: "Yes"

The negative stuff was something I have been thinking about and will probably change. The first page description was something I cobbled together in a couple of minutes so will give more attention.

:thumbsup:

Agreed.

:clap:

He also comes very highly recommended by ME.

10/10 :thumbsup:

ppentertainments
16-03-2008, 05:51 PM
My mind has been changed about 'turning up' on FAQ and will be deleted.

Will be in touch with marc this week re hosting.

Next mission - get people to look at my website

A1DL
03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi PP Entertainments,

Chris

By "cobbled together in a couple of minutes", do you mean "cut and pasted from another well known company's site in a few seconds"? The link below may help remind you where you stole it from.
http://www.a1discos.com/

I see you have also copied, word for word, the phrase:
"Our DJs' experience and CD collections span the decades, from the finest musical moments from the 50s, the Rock & Roll years, the swinging 60s, sensational 70s, the 80s, 90s and the sounds of today." from my company's FAQ page onto your homepage.

Please do the honourable thing and remove/reword the offending material, and in future refrain from stealing other peoples/companies work.

Tony

RADiscos
08-09-2008, 09:00 PM
very major - am quite new to all this website stuff. Am looking round for hosting packages and just using freebie whilst playing around.

If your still looking for hosting I use www.ewhosting.co.uk (http://www.ewhosting.co.uk) very good I have to say.