PDA

View Full Version : Touch Local

Dj Diddy Davies
18-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi Folks,

Anyone use Touch Local? (other than the free listing).

The reason i ask is i've had one of there reps on the phone promising min. 200 leads a year all for £295.

I've been in business a few years now with other things and my instinct tells me "if it sounds too good to be true... it probably is"

Anyone had any experience, good or bad, with these peeps?

Thanks

Diddy

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Hiya

We encourage all new users to say hello in the newbie section and generally you'll get a better response once we know who you are!

Dj Diddy Davies
18-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Solitaire,

If you do a search in the Newbies section you'll notice i posted in there and introduced myself a few weeks back (6.3.08)! you even posted a hello! So hopefully i'll get a response.

I love it when the mods check before posting;)

So anyone using Touch Local?

Diddy.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Solitaire,

If you do a search in the Newbies section you'll notice i posted in there and introduced myself a few weeks back (6.3.08)! you even posted a hello! So hopefully i'll get a response.

I love it when the mods check before posting;)

So anyone using Touch Local?

Diddy.

The forum said you only had one post, which assumed was the one you just posted.

By the way, I am not a moderator. I co-own the forum and don't take kindly to sarcastic people making comments when they've only made a single post.

Dj Diddy Davies
18-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry.

Tend to get sarcy when posts jumped on and comment ends in exclamation.

Definately posted before, not sure why counter didn't register. Been lurking for a few months and have found forum very useful, well done.

Sorry again:)

Have you used Touch Local?

Diddy.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Sorry.

Tend to get sarcy when posts jumped on and comment ends in exclamation.

Definately posted before, not sure why counter didn't register. Been lurking for a few months and have found forum very useful, well done.

Sorry again:)

Have you used Touch Local?

Diddy.

No worries. Let's start again. :)

We do unfortunately get a lot of people who use and abuse this forum for their own end and we always ask people to say hello. I recognised your name, but with 1500 members, it's difficult to know who you've said hello to.

In answer to your question, no, I've only used the free service and have got one or two enquiries from it. I'm not sure how their rep can promise 200 leads for £295.00 How on earth does he come to those figures? I would be a bit wary of that if I was you.

Penfold42
18-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I've been in business a few years now with other things and my instinct tells me "if it sounds too good to be true... it probably is"

I would go with this...but have never used them....:confused:
So not the best help as i'm only a 'young padawan'.....:D :D :D :D

Crazy will give the info about free lunches.....as there arn't any...:)

rob1963
18-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Anyone use Touch Local? (other than the free listing).

The reason i ask is i've had one of there reps on the phone promising min. 200 leads a year all for £295. Diddy

I haven't heard of these people, but if what they call a lead is the same as a hit to your website from someone who wants a disco, I already advertise on a site, although it doesn't bring 200 leads a year for £295, but 300 leads a year for £25!

Draw your own conclusions!

Dj Diddy Davies
18-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Apparently Touch Local are the 2nd biggest web directory in the UK.

They guarantee a minimum of 200 views of your web business page in 12 months (page set up with them, but can link through to your own site). Whist this sounds impressive. My own website has fast approaching that and it's been going less than a month and all my own work.

I've read through their terms now and it's not as good as the guy suggest. he was saying 200 + calls, but thats not what the terms say.

Sounds like just another scam/deal you could get yourself for little trouble. May work if you didn't have a website and wanted to see if the web worked, but an expensive way of doing this.

Thanks for your views.

:beer1: Diddy.

leighinstoke
18-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I've not been called by them for quite a while now but that's probably due to my rudeness after they called me three times in a day after they wouldn't take no for an answer. I also told them that, in a previous phone-call, I asked to be removed from their database, to which they said "this is the first time we've called you". So not only are they annoying persistent, they also tell lies or just have such a high staff turnover, that they just work from lists that no-one updates.

Leigh.....

JAMdisco
18-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I also use their free listing and yes I have had numerous voicemails on my mobile and emails saying they have a rep in the area and want to contact me. I just ignore them as cold calling advertising really annoys me (are they that desperate)

I advertise with a few on-line directory's but I like to choose which ones. I wouldn't go with them personally.

theoloyla
12-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I just Googled myself for research purposes (which I do every now and then) and guess what Touch came in at number 2 behind djs portal, SEDA was 3, Facebook was 4, UK Disco was 5 and Linedancer was 8

Shakermaker Promotions
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I have had loads of calls and emails from Touch Local. I haven't bothered advertising with them and don't intend to. As someone else said, they don't give in and won't take no for an answer. Far too heavy handed in their approach in my opinion.

200 leads? I could give you 200 leads. What they call a lead and an actual potential booking could be totally different. They would probably give you 200 names which in theory could end up as what they call 'cold calling'.

theoloyla
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
You've lost me now Gary.

I also only have a free listing but still managed to come out at number 2. Next time they call I may consider an upgrade.

Shakermaker Promotions
12-10-2008, 10:05 PM
What I meant was - I could give anyone on here a random 200 names and say that they are 'leads' when all they are is contact details. Simple.