PDA

View Full Version : Save money on calling 0870 numbers!

scoopd
19-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Just got this website recommended to me
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
basically finds alternative numbers to costly 0870 numbers.Well worth looking at

Paul James Promotions
19-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Yawn.... :D:D

Yes, a very useful website.

Excalibur
19-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Just got this website recommended to me
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
basically finds alternative numbers to costly 0870 numbers.Well worth looking at

Two other options, not for all granted. 0870 numbers are included on Mobile tariffs, so free if you have minutes left. It's cheaper for me to ring 0870 than local call or particularly freecall, which actually costs money! :eek: ;)

Also we now have an Orange Livebox, which gives us free calls as well on the second line. :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Also we now have an Orange Livebox, which gives us free calls as well on the second line. :D :D

You've got a what? :confused:

Excalibur
19-03-2008, 07:14 PM
You've got a what? :confused:

It's a modem supplied by my service provider ( Orange, amazingly ;) :D ) which is permanently live, connects to the computer with a network cable, and has a socket for a second phone, which once enabled, gives another number which has a free call allocation ( subject to conditions ) and can be used even if the computer is off.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-03-2008, 08:02 PM
It's a modem supplied by my service provider ( Orange, amazingly ;) :D ) which is permanently live, connects to the computer with a network cable, and has a socket for a second phone, which once enabled, gives another number which has a free call allocation ( subject to conditions ) and can be used even if the computer is off.

Cool :thumbsup:

ppentertainments
19-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Does anyone else get confused with the different telephone / broadband / tv packages out there. I keep thinking I am up to date with things (having just gone wireless) but alas am still out of touch.

ps sorry to go off subject - the website mentioned is very handy have been using it for a few months now. Not all numbers available and sometimes a bit confusing as you often get a lot of numbers to choose from, but if your like me and get free calls its well worth taking a look.

Vectis
19-03-2008, 10:13 PM
but if your like me and get free calls its well worth taking a look.

Can someone enlighten me... how can I get these "free" calls? Sounds like a good deal!

:beer1:

(yes... I'm wanting the full half hour Rob)

ppentertainments
20-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Most telephone companies offer 'free weekend and evening' or free calls all day now for a small charge. Similarly you get some good mobile deals with free minutes. These calls, however, are not allowed to be 0845, 0870 etc. numbers.

Excalibur
20-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Most telephone companies offer 'free weekend and evening' or free calls all day now for a small charge. Similarly you get some good mobile deals with free minutes. These calls, however, are not allowed to be 0845, 0870 etc. numbers.

I don't know about free calls, but 0870 calls are allowed as inclusive minutes on mobile packages ( therefore free if you don't exceed your quota )

wensleydale
20-03-2008, 08:43 AM
ive heard about this before, but given how often i actually call an 0870 number, i cant really see that its worth the hassle of bothering to look on a website to save a matter of pence.

for the free calls there are phone companies who let you have free calls if you switch to them but keep the bt line- primus for example.

Vectis
20-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Most telephone companies offer 'free weekend and evening' or free calls all day now for a small charge.

And therein lies my argument :bang:

Perhaps "unmetered calls for a fixed fee" might be more appropriate :confused:

No such thing as a free lunch...

wensleydale
20-03-2008, 11:18 AM
i have free evening and weekend calls now.
that is free- no fixed fee.
just use them for calls during the day, but i am always at work during the day anyway so its never used.