PDA

View Full Version : try before you buy discs?

Key2
23-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm looking to buy my first cd+g discs. So far, I have seen the STTW website and the tracks sound pretty good. I have also heard Extreme clips. Any more that I can 'audition' online, or should I go for STTW discs?

Jays karaoke
23-03-2008, 02:43 PM
personally i would go for the big names like Sunfly,Legends and Zoom, you can't go wrong with the likes of them.

Sarahjovi
23-03-2008, 02:45 PM
If you want to see Sunfly in action before your buy have a look at www.singsnap.com you can sing along and record yourself as a bonus :lol: #

Sarah:D

Key2
23-03-2008, 08:36 PM
If you want to see Sunfly in action before your buy have a look at www.singsnap.com you can sing along and record yourself as a bonus :lol: #

Thanks Sarah. Is it just Sunfly on that site?

DazzyD
24-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Sing To The World (STTW) are pretty reasonable and you can get some good deals off the shopping channels for this particular brand of CD+G (the 9disc starter pack is good value).

But I agree with Jay that the most common ones are Sunfly(SF & SFMW), Legends (LEG) and Zoom along with Easy Karaoke (EK). They are well made although I do find the words on some of the SF ones vary from the original tracks.

My favourite brand at the moment is the Mr Entertainer (MRE) range cos they have a nifty count-in feature to count-in the singers. Helps them stay in time with the music so they don't start singing as soon as the words appear on the screen and end up 5 seconds ahead of the music.

There are also some custom karaoke services that let you choose the tracks you want on the disc. They work out more expensive than regular CD+Gs but the advantage is there are no wasted tracks as you've picked them all in the first place. Try googling to find the suppliers.

Finally, good luck in your karaoke quest!

djsteve10
24-03-2008, 07:13 AM
I prefer EK = Essential Karaoke
EZH = Akso Essential karaoke but i'm not sure,

These are the most real sounding karaoke tracks that i have heard, They dont sound so much computer generated as the Sunfly tracks.

Zoom karaoke is also a good collection to use if you can still get hold of them.

DazzyD
24-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Zoom are still around, Steve.

I believe the EZH range is Easy Karaoke Hits. I think it is part of Essential. I think a lot of KJs will prefer the EK range as they are nice and simple with clean blue backgrounds.

My main problem is the 10second intro you get with Sunfly especially when the song has a min+ intro such as Celine Dions All Coming Back To Me. You can see the singers getting twitchy before they even start singing!

Sarahjovi
24-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Sarah. Is it just Sunfly on that site?

Yes as far as I know!

Sarahjovi
24-03-2008, 06:48 PM
In my collection I have STTW, Zoom, Sunfly, Sweet Georgia Brown, Mr Entertainer, Easy Karaoke,

They all have they're faults, but for top quality I would go for STTW and Zoom, but they are limited on songs available, Sunfly are ok, but the older ones can have terrible lyrics. Mr Entertainer are good, Sweet Georgia Brown are great for the American Rock Bands. I currently buy the Mr Entertainer monthly discs and do a selection of all of them on Custom burn discs.

Cheers

Sarah

DazzyD
25-03-2008, 05:54 AM
I forgot about the Sweet Georgia Brown discs. Surprising that when I always use their version of Sweet Home Alabama (***Crowd Pleaser***).

They are very American-orientated (can't remember seeing many british bands on there) but they are quite good and true to the original versions.