PDA

View Full Version : Another scam-They're still at it!

scoopd
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Hello sir/ma,
I'm Hellderson, i need a wedding ENTERTAINER for my daughter:s wedding which will take place on may 3,2008 If interested please get back with full details.......

About 80 guests will be in the party.you dont have to worry about the expensive of the transportation i will take care of that you should calculate that with your quotation ok.

I will be looking up to your reply concerning this.I hope to hear from you back today,and I will like to know your location.

The venue of the wedding address is the below............
Canon Adrian Alker, 4 St.
Mark's Crescent, S10 2SG.
Thanks
Hellderson Millton

CRAZY K
03-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Hello sir/ma,
I'm Hellderson, i need a wedding ENTERTAINER for my daughter:s wedding which will take place on may 3,2008 If interested please get back with full details.......

About 80 guests will be in the party.you dont have to worry about the expensive of the transportation i will take care of that you should calculate that with your quotation ok.

I will be looking up to your reply concerning this.I hope to hear from you back today,and I will like to know your location.

The venue of the wedding address is the below............
Canon Adrian Alker, 4 St.
Mark's Crescent, S10 2SG.
Thanks
Hellderson Millton

Its like heading the email---

THIS IS A SCAM and IM A FRAUDSTER

So many tell tale signs:D :D :D

CRAZY K

rob1963
03-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I got the same email a couple of days ago, although on mine they forgot to change the heading, so it said they were looking for a wedding photographer.

D'oh!

scoopd
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Mine was like that with wedding photgrapher mentioned but I felt sorry for them and sent them £1000

KerriLeigh
06-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I had an e-mail similar to this a few weeks ago (im a vocalist).. what exactly are they hoping to gain out of it?

rob1963
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I had an e-mail similar to this a few weeks ago (im a vocalist).. what exactly are they hoping to gain out of it?

Some of your hard-earned, presumably.

KerriLeigh
06-07-2008, 09:25 PM
So what exactly do they do? i stupidly replied to the one i got, just to say i was unavailable.. thought it was a bit odd when he was happy to change his wifes 40th birthday party to a much later date!!! When i declined, he asked me what merchandise i could offer him!!

DazzyD
06-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Some of your hard-earned, presumably.

Rob, I think Kerri is new to the forum and maybe hasn't come across this before (although that's no excuse not to use the search function!)

Kerri, the scam goes like this. The scammers send you the email (the one you've received). You reply saying "Thanks for the enquiry. Your quote is £250 plus £250 expenses giving a total of £500". The scammers say "Great! Where do I send the cheque?". You give them your address and you get a cheque for £2500. You say to them "Sorry but you've paid me too much. It was only £500". They say "Sorry, I mis-read your quote. Can you just write me a cheque for £1500 and send it to our PO Box address? You can keep the extra £500 for your troubles". You send them a cheque for £1500 thinking "Wow! I'm getting a grand for this show! What a great result!". However, your bank returns their cheque as unpaid and you've just given away £1500 plus all your bank details are on the cheque which the scammers can use for direct debits/direct cash transfers.

Now there are three ways to go about this. One (and the best) is to delete the email and give it no more though. Second is reply saying "Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately, we are unable to quote for your function due to the high demand for our services on your chosen date(s).". Or, three, quote them really high (several £million should do it). There is a fourth and that's to reply telling them (in no uncertain terms) where to stick their enquiry!. The only problem is that options 2,3 and 4 involve replying by email and that's a bad thing too. When you send an email, their is a lot of information embedded about your email address and I.P. address which scammers can clone and use this (i.e. people start getting emails seemingly from you and you get blacklisted by email providers who utilise SpamHaus - been there, done that! :( ). So, the only real option is the big red cross, delete button or trash-can option in your email client.

Hope this helps. :)

DazzyD
06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Kerri - just seen your last post. Use your email clients blacklist to stop any more emails from this address. You can even go in deeper and find the location of the I.P. and block all mail from there but I've just finished a bottle of wine and can't think how to do that at the moment!

Cj_The_Dj
24-08-2008, 05:49 PM
i had one about similar 4 mouth ago went though with everything until they said i had to send money off to a photographer

so money laundering.

Sapphire Disco
24-08-2008, 06:09 PM
i had one about similar 4 mouth ago went though with everything until they said i had to send money off to a photographer

so money laundering.

Yes dirty money, never put it in your month you could be sick for mouths.