PDA

View Full Version : Big Weekend

DJWilson
11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Anyone attending or taking part?

Im thinking of entering

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/articles/2008/03/25/big_weekend_fringe_feature.shtml

djsteve10
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Abit far for me this weekend but the link you have sent only has an application form for a Band unless you are in band?

DJWilson
12-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Abit far for me this weekend but the link you have sent only has an application form for a Band unless you are in band?

if you read it carefully it says: DJ's and MC's and everything in between.

Sam
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Anyone attending or taking part?

Im thinking of entering

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/articles/2008/03/25/big_weekend_fringe_feature.shtml

Coolcool.
What would you do though.
i pressume it means "creating" something.. not just playing something :confused:

flatliners
12-04-2008, 02:23 PM

bet you are entering as i live that sort of thing. radio 1 i thought they were cooler than that didnt think they used mcs but g&j you can try and convince me why what use is an mc

Tom
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM

True but this is how I read it.

Taken from the link given...

"The Fringe will celebrate the local music scene, from guitar bands through to bedroom DJs, MCs and everything in between."

Now I see that as bands being the main selling point. Bedroom DJ's, MC's and everything else as an extra to fill in the gaps. :confused:

Also is says...

"BBC Kent Introducing will choose their favourite bands to play a night of the fringe and then Huw Stephens will choose his two favourite bands from this night who will go on to play the BBC Introducing stage on site over the weekend. The BBC Introducing stage is all about giving some of the best new artists who are currently being championed by Huw Stephens and other R1 DJ’s the chance to be a part of Radio 1’s Big weekend."

One Vision
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I would imagine they mean scratch, mixer type DJs

Tom
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I would imagine they mean scratch, mixer type DJs

That's what I was thinking. That kind of stuff could be intresting to watch but i would not pay how much a ticket is to see a dj just play some music. Not much of a talent compared to a band for example.

Just my opinion.