PDA

View Full Version : pcdj fx where is it???

Dragonfly
15-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Just wondered if anyone knows ... has this been discontinued as it no longer appears to be downloadable from their website?

I have this software on my laptop and was just wondering if i decided to drop another speaker on my other one i would not be able to redownload it?? very odd.

anyone shed any light on it? it still appears downloadable on the uk site but not the .com

is it being phased out?

TR2K Productions
15-04-2008, 12:14 PM
PCDJ has released a new version. that could be the reason, not too sure though. i dont see why they wont keep a download link operational if you have purchased the software.

Royalblue
15-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Try this link.

http://www.freefunfiles.com/software/audiovideo/musiccreation/pcdj-fx.html

You will need a licence key though

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-04-2008, 02:46 PM
It's a lot more involved than a licence key.

Where did you buy it from Dave?

Dragonfly
15-04-2008, 02:50 PM
from the upgrade link on pcdj.com i have saved an email with a working link from when i got it the question was merely is it being phased out? as it doesn't appear on their american .com site just seemed odd as red and blue are still there??

leighinstoke
15-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Is it a worthwhile upgrade from the old PCDJ Red? I've been told that later versions of Red are 'iffy' but the job was done right with PCDJ FX.

Thoughts/comments please.

Leigh....

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Is it a worthwhile upgrade from the old PCDJ Red? I've been told that later versions of Red are 'iffy' but the job was done right with PCDJ FX.

Thoughts/comments please.

Leigh....

Red VRM was probably slightly more stable than FX, but if I was you Leigh, I'd go for DEX if you want to upgrade as ther others are no longer being supported I think.

leighinstoke
15-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Cheers - I'll download a trial copy and give it a whirl on the laptop I want to put into service before flexing the plastic. I hear so many mixed messages over "this version is good, this is bad, this crashes, etc...." which explains why I've stuck for this long with original Red 5.3.

Leigh....

Larry B Entertainment
16-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Just wondered if anyone knows ... has this been discontinued as it no longer appears to be downloadable from their website?

I have this software on my laptop and was just wondering if i decided to drop another speaker on my other one i would not be able to redownload it?? very odd.

anyone shed any light on it? it still appears downloadable on the uk site but not the .com

is it being phased out?

I bought pcdj fx and the karaoke pluggin at xmas and heard that it was being discontinued so that why i got it cheap. I dont think much to the built in fx though, theres not a lot of options on there and only 4 types of fx :mad:

leighinstoke
16-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Ahh - interesting - got a copy of FX from a trial site - and noticed it stammers slightly when playing and the other decks is loading. Also managed to crash it. Unimpressive.

DEX to be trialled this evening - means I've now tried OTS, FX, Red VRM and SAM. Still can't see anything convincing me not to put old Red 5.3 on the new machine.

Leigh....

Dragonfly
16-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Ahh - interesting - got a copy of FX from a trial site - and noticed it stammers slightly when playing and the other decks is loading. Also managed to crash it. Unimpressive.

Leigh....

i found this also and when you scrolled ....but then updated the video drivers in the laptop and solved the problem instantly.

leighinstoke
16-04-2008, 08:01 PM
i found this also and when you scrolled ....but then updated the video drivers in the laptop and solved the problem instantly.

Will try this when got more time - but thanks for the hint.

Leigh....

Larry B Entertainment
17-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Will try this when got more time - but thanks for the hint.

Leigh....

And also make sure that you have as few background processes running as possible and give PCDJ the highest priority of memory usage in the processes list in Task manager.

Dragonfly
17-04-2008, 12:59 PM
And also make sure that you have as few background processes running as possible and give PCDJ the highest priority of memory usage in the processes list in Task manager.

indeed pcdj is basically all that i have on my laptop my back up has pcdj and windows media i think.?