PDA

View Full Version : Website opinions

DJkiller
15-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi
Just finished my new website, let me know what you think.

www.discozmobile.co.uk

Thanks

Danno13
15-04-2008, 06:12 PM
First thing that leaps out at me -

1. Price - We are un-beaten on price!

How is that possible? Even if you charged £50 there would be someone who does it for free, so they'd be beating you. And do you really want to be selling yourself on being cheap?

DJkiller
15-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Yer, well it was ment to mean more like we are un-beaten for the quality of the service we will provide.
Will change that abit thanks

Spirits High
15-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Personaly for me I don't like the way (font ) of the Discoz title can be difficult to read.

The navigation menu is also "strange" as you have to guess what each button does, if it was actually written and not pictorial i think that would make it more user friendly.

In places you've got purple text on a grey backround which is difficult to read

Just my opinion as you asked what I thought ;)

Shaun
15-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Your logo is ummmm...unreadable. It took me several minutes to realise that it said 'discoz'.

Vectis
15-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Simple and clear overall, which is good :)

Comments...

1. How can having PAT/PLI "ensure a safe enjoyable night for all" ?? :confused:

2. Service - spelling mistake on 'recive'

3. What makes us better - don't use text speak :eek:

4. Advice - don't include stuff for free that the customer must remember to ask for - either charge for it specifically or provide it by default.

5. First aid training - needs re-wording because as it stands it appears you're offering first aid services for the whole event/function rather than what you really mean.

6. Observation - the bullet points in the black rectangles - most of them have full stops at the end of the bullets, but some do not. Be consistent.

7. Appropriatley mis-spelled on "what to expect"

8. Qoute mis-spelled on "contact us"

Spirits High
15-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Your logo is ummmm...unreadable. It took me several minutes to realise that it said 'discoz'.

I'm glad it wasn't just me then :D

And just to add a bit that disco ball in the top right looks really familiar, if it's not use have you got permission to use it?

rob1963
15-04-2008, 11:17 PM

:agree:

Also "We are the best quality disco around" is one hell of a statement.

How do you know this?

How will you prove it if a potential client asks you to?

If you can't prove it, I would change it!

:)

A1DL
15-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi
Just finished my new website, let me know what you think.

www.discozmobile.co.uk (http://www.discozmobile.co.uk)

Thanks

Michael

I followed the link and was going to give you some thoughts as requested, however sadly did not get further than the home page.

My only thoughts at this juncture are that I hope you promptly remove the mirrorball graphic which has been stolen from my company's website and that you have no right to use or adapt.

I shall check your site again after 48 hours. If you do the honourable thing and remove the graphic, maybe I'll look further and give you some comments. If our mirrorball graphic is still on your site, we'll go down the same route we take with other web plagiarists who think it's fine to help themselves to content we have paid good money for.

Regards

Tony Mitchell
Director - A1 Discos Limited

Spirits High
16-04-2008, 06:46 AM
And just to add a bit that disco ball in the top right looks really familiar, if it's not use have you got permission to use it?

Michael

I followed the link and was going to give you some thoughts as requested, however sadly did not get further than the home page.

My only thoughts at this juncture are that I hope you promptly remove the mirrorball graphic which has been stolen from my company's website and that you have no right to use or adapt.

I knew i'd seen that before :D

Why can't people do there own thing? It'll no doubt get blamed on the "web designers" ;)

rob1963
16-04-2008, 08:05 AM
"We are the best quality disco around" is one hell of a statement.

How do you know this?

How will you prove it if a potential client asks you to?

If you can't prove it, I would change it!

:)

Just noticed another one...

..."Discos is the north east's leading mobile disco service"

Out of interest, how do you know?

DJkiller
16-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you for your opinions.
Will make some changes soon. Have removed the disco ball image, apologies for using the image when I was unsure where it had came from.
The logo is hard to read may have plans to change that in the future.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Just noticed another one...

..."Discos is the north east's leading mobile disco service"

Out of interest, how do you know?

That's what I thought.

rob1963
16-04-2008, 03:11 PM
That's what I thought.

Great minds, Darren...great minds! :D :D :D

A1DL
16-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you for your opinions.
Will make some changes soon. Have removed the disco ball image, apologies for using the image when I was unsure where it had came from.
The logo is hard to read may have plans to change that in the future.

Michael

Thank you for quickly removing our mirrorball graphic. I struggle with your being unsure where it came from, since it is included on our banner on all our posts on this forum, and on our website.

You asked for some feedback on your site, some of this may have already been covered, but here's a few points:

(1) Those are some wild claims on your homepage - unbeatable pricing, best quality and best service. Most people know that in virtually all walks of life, those three attributes don't co-exist. Unbeatable pricing will compromise quality and service, the best quality will never be the cheapest, etc.

(2) The "DISCOZ" multi-colour logo looks like a piece of subway graffiti - hard to work out what it says, although maybe OK if it is a "cool urban" image you are wanting to portray.

(3) You state "well known for charity work" - why not elaborate and include some testimonials regarding this? Customers like this sort of thing, although you do risk being targeted for anything & everything charitable.

(4) Some of the wording suggests that you have multiple DJs (eg: experienced DJs performing from local bars to large stadiums), other parts contradict this, like the bit about you buying 4 new lights and a bar.

(5) Prior to your removing the mirrorball, we obtained your "whois" data, which states that you are a sole trader at your home address and not a company, which "Managing Director - Michael Kilbride" portrays. Don't take this the wrong way - your site looks & smells like a sole trader's site, (which is spot on for where you're at) rather than that of a company/multi-op, therefore why pretend to be something you're not?

(6) The gallery - dislike the lights on the floor & would remove the close ups of kiddies. The internet can be a nasty place and it's not worth taking chances.

Hope this helps

Tony

DJkiller
16-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Michael

(6) The gallery - dislike the lights on the floor & would remove the close ups of kiddies. The internet can be a nasty place and it's not worth taking chances.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks, I have just noticed the picture that you mean, and i agree that they must be removed. I will have them removed as soon as possible. Thanks alot:thumbs_up: