PDA

View Full Version : Carihost....

DJWilson
18-04-2008, 07:44 PM
...any good?

Hi all,

ive been looking at carihost. 100 e-mail addreesses. 20GB traffic etc. etc. and experience? any good?

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Why would you want 100 email addresses?

rob1963
19-04-2008, 12:25 AM

Just what I was thinking.

I find two are enough (or to be accurate, one email & one ghost email).

CRAZY K
19-04-2008, 08:53 AM

I know some people like to have a large number of email addresses so they can identify exactly where business and other traffic mail is coming from--
but I agree 100 sounds OTT for a Mobile Disco business:confused:

Not a feature to concentrate on when comparing with other offers;)

CRAZY K

DJWilson
19-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Its not for my disco business. the dj battle

DazzyD
19-04-2008, 11:24 AM
A mate of mine is a web-designer with reseller status and he sold me (for the princely sum of 2 pints of quality lager!) a web hosting & email package that's set to the max. It has unlimited everything. I'm up to 30 email addresses used by various staff members for different stuff. I think there's no way I'll ever get close to using 100 of them, though, in the same way that I don't think I'll ever use even 10% of the extras that were thrown in (this is due, at least in part, to me knowing very little about web design and scripting - but I'm learning as I go along!).

The only condition with this package was that I had to design the website and administer it myself. Not too difficult considering it came with a website builder but I still prefer the simple old FrontPage.

Shaun
19-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Carihost?...never heard of it. I use MarcJ'ihost. :ph34r:

Tom
19-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Carihost?...never heard of it. I use MarcJ'ihost. :ph34r:

Same here. Never heard of them either. I use Supanames with 500 email accounts. I only use 3 but its nice to have the other 497 there. :lol:

Candybeatdiscos
19-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Marc J certainly the way to go mate

Marc J
19-04-2008, 12:55 PM
If you're looking to use their SHOUTcast service then I wouldn't be able to provide an alternative. If it's just normal hosting / email etc. then yes, I could host it for you.

Beware of hosts who promise unrealistic disk space / email / bandwidth limits for even more unrealistic prices - in reality when you get anywhere near these limits they find a convenient clause in their acceptable use policy enabling them to cut you off - usually "too high CPU usage", or "effecting other customers" etc. etc.

I'm not saying Carihost are like that, it's just a general statement ;)

Re Carihost, they seem to be based in the Caribean, accepting US$ payments for a server based in the UK :confused:

CRAZY K
19-04-2008, 01:21 PM
A mate of mine is a web-designer with reseller status and he sold me (for the princely sum of 2 pints of quality lager!) a web hosting & email package that's set to the max. It has unlimited everything. I'm up to 30 email addresses used by various staff members for different stuff. I think there's no way I'll ever get close to using 100 of them, though, in the same way that I don't think I'll ever use even 10% of the extras that were thrown in (this is due, at least in part, to me knowing very little about web design and scripting - but I'm learning as I go along!).

The only condition with this package was that I had to design the website and administer it myself. Not too difficult considering it came with a website builder but I still prefer the simple old FrontPage.

Glad to hear someone likes Frontpage :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

CRAZY K

CRAZY K
19-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Same here. Never heard of them either. I use Supanames with 500 email accounts. I only use 3 but its nice to have the other 497 there. :lol:

BEFORE DARREN ASKS;)

Why do you need 497 e mail addresses:confused:

CRAZY K

DJWilson
19-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I only want a web hosting at the moment.

rob1963
19-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I only want a web hosting at the moment.

Then speak to Marc J!

:D

DJWilson
19-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Then speak to Marc J!

:D

i have. waiting for a reply...

Tom
19-04-2008, 11:24 PM
BEFORE DARREN ASKS;)

Why do you need 497 e mail addresses:confused:

CRAZY K

I don't. It was part of the web hosting package.

rob1963
20-04-2008, 12:22 AM
i have. waiting for a reply...

You know it makes sense!

:D :D :D

DazzyD
20-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear someone likes Frontpage :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

CRAZY K

Not knowing too much about web design, but knowing a lot about DTP, FrontPage lets me layout pages like I would a newsletter or interactive CD/DVD. It does all the hard work for me.

I also use Serif WebPlus as this lets me add a few extras like JavaScript files a bit easier. I have several WebPlus sites in development but I've yet to publish any. (I ain't got broadband - I'm using dial-up through a mobile phone at the moment so things are a bit slow!)

I've had a look at HTML editors and the like but learning a new programming language at this stage doesn't appeal to me. (which might sound strange considering I used to be a C++ software programmer/developer!).

CRAZY K
20-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Not knowing too much about web design, but knowing a lot about DTP, FrontPage lets me layout pages like I would a newsletter or interactive CD/DVD. It does all the hard work for me.

I also use Serif WebPlus as this lets me add a few extras like JavaScript files a bit easier. I have several WebPlus sites in development but I've yet to publish any. (I ain't got broadband - I'm using dial-up through a mobile phone at the moment so things are a bit slow!)

I've had a look at HTML editors and the like but learning a new programming language at this stage doesn't appeal to me. (which might sound strange considering I used to be a C++ software programmer/developer!).

I find it very user friendly, built 3 simple sites, scrapped one eventually and they have been very successful for me--although auto responders are not supported by FP I bought hosting from My Internet Store-- £20 a year for 4 sites--

GOOD VALUE:)

CRAZY K

Jiggles
20-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Servage all the way i have never had a problem with them and for the price wow! Nice.

FirstNetServ
01-04-2009, 12:37 AM
I Purchased a shoutcast with him about a year ago very poor uptime they reseller uk hosting accounts (150% Profit) So i requested a refund off him and he refused which resulted in me going to a paypal claim.:cool: