PDA

View Full Version : Employment Business Regulations

Danno13
21-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I need to sort a few things out contract-wise and remember a link being posted to the regulations regarding Employment Angencies and Businesses in the Entertainment Industry. I'm pretty sure it was a DTI document.

Anyhow, I didn't save it at the time and can't find it by searching the forum, anyone able to help?

Or, even better, if anyone has any contracts relating to acting as an employment business that I could look at for ideas/advice (not copying!), then that would be much appreciated.

Penfold42
21-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Not sure if this is what you are after..... http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file24248.pdf
:)

Danno13
21-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks Tony, I found that but didnt' know if there had been a newer revision since 2003. Just didn't want to end up complying with everything in that, to realise that its all changed again!

CRAZY K
21-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I need to sort a few things out contract-wise and remember a link being posted to the regulations regarding Employment Angencies and Businesses in the Entertainment Industry. I'm pretty sure it was a DTI document.

Anyhow, I didn't save it at the time and can't find it by searching the forum, anyone able to help?

Or, even better, if anyone has any contracts relating to acting as an employment business that I could look at for ideas/advice (not copying!), then that would be much appreciated.

If your going to act as a bona fide Entertainment Agency ( rather than just employing DJs ) I would think chatting to one of the Entertainment Agents Associations would be a good idea--joining one would give you a lot of useful knowledge.

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-04-2008, 04:09 PM
If your going to act as a bona fide Entertainment Agency ( rather than just employing DJs ) I would think chatting to one of the Entertainment Agents Associations would be a good idea--joining one would give you a lot of useful knowledge.

CRAZY K

Al

Danno is going to be acting as an employment business rather than an agency.

Danno13
21-04-2008, 04:10 PM
But I'm not acting as an agent.. there's a difference between employment agencies and employment businesses, and as far as I understand, I'm acting as the later since I work on buy/sell rather than invoicing the DJs for a % of the total fee.

Doh, posted at the same time as Darren!

CRAZY K
21-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Al

Danno is going to be acting as an employment business rather than an agency.

OK Thanks Daz--not something I can help on.

CRAZY K